Subject at school / college

bobbyshinton

My hero Alan Brazil says it.

More insensitivity from him this morning re Mike Parry - Parry had a heart attack and had to have bypass surgery a year or two ago.  Anyway, Andy Townsend was on this morning explaining how him and Parry had gone out for a couple of drinks after their show last weekend and when Parry hadn't turned in on time he'd been a bit worried.

Brazil comes out with "Oh yeah.  You thought he might be at home on the floor.  Heart.  Exploded."

:razz:

195278[/snapback]

I can't listen to talksport now because of Brazil. I used to find his crass insensitivities amusing but now he's too much.

Incidentally, not wanting to split hairs, but Parry has heart failure; he hasn't had a heart attack. It's a pretty serious condition and I admire the way it hasn't stopped him getting on with life.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More insensitivity from him this morning re Mike Parry - Parry had a heart attack and had to have bypass surgery a year or two ago.  Anyway, Andy Townsend was on this morning explaining how him and Parry had gone out for a couple of drinks after their show last weekend and when Parry hadn't turned in on time he'd been a bit worried.

Brazil comes out with "Oh yeah.  You thought he might be at home on the floor.  Heart.  Exploded."

195278[/snapback]

I can't listen to talksport now because of Brazil. I used to find his crass insensitivities amusing but now he's too much.

Incidentally, not wanting to split hairs, but Parry has heart failure; he hasn't had a heart attack. It's a pretty serious condition and I admire the way it hasn't stopped him getting on with life.

195283[/snapback]

Has he had a transplant then? Is that a stupid question? :drinks:

195278[/snapback]

195283[/snapback]

Where the fuck did that come from?

Are you trying to hijack me first intellectual thread :drinks:

I'm not stumped by it, you tube!  I just seemed to remember them not being my favourite thing.  Having passed my chartered exams and worked the best part of a decade in this god-awful profession, I think it's safe to say that quadratic equations are not a requirement of the job.  So there!  :drinks:

195270[/snapback]

:drinks: Blogger!

195272[/snapback]

Bogger! :wub:

195273[/snapback]

I'm with the G man. I can do basic mathmatics, bloody hell man I've got a degree in Engineering and a one in HR management (statistical analysis) It is just fractions fuck me off.

If I come over as a twat there I meant to, I'm reclaiming me credibility I lost over Iran :wub:

195279[/snapback]

Hold on, you have a degree in engineering and statistical analysis and you can't do fractions, which the average 10 year old should be able to do?

Wtf? :razz:

I'm not stumped by it, you tube!  I just seemed to remember them not being my favourite thing.  Having passed my chartered exams and worked the best part of a decade in this god-awful profession, I think it's safe to say that quadratic equations are not a requirement of the job.  So there!  :drinks:

195270[/snapback]

:drinks: Blogger!

195272[/snapback]

Bogger! :wub:

195273[/snapback]

I'm with the G man. I can do basic mathmatics, bloody hell man I've got a degree in Engineering and a one in HR management (statistical analysis) It is just fractions fuck me off.

If I come over as a twat there I meant to, I'm reclaiming me credibility I lost over Iran :wub:

195279[/snapback]

Hold on, you have a degree in engineering and statistical analysis and you can't do fractions, which the average 10 year old should be able to do?

Wtf? :razz:

195293[/snapback]

That was what I was trying to convey. What the fuck, why can't I? :wub: They are my achiles heel.

195278[/snapback]

195283[/snapback]

195287[/snapback]

I don't think so - obviously transplant organs are very rare and at the minute he's stable. He'll probably need one fairly soon though I'd think. I don't think I'd cope as well as he has though.

195278[/snapback]

195283[/snapback]

195287[/snapback]

I don't think so - obviously transplant organs are very rare and at the minute he's stable. He'll probably need one fairly soon though I'd think. I don't think I'd cope as well as he has though.

195301[/snapback]

I think he's had a transplant now Renton, cos he's back on the drink. That's what they were on about this morning - he'd looked after himself really well following his heart failure but he's had a few heavy sessions with Brazil the last week and Brazil mentioned something about his "new heart" this morning.

195278[/snapback]

195283[/snapback]

195287[/snapback]

195301[/snapback]

I think he's had a transplant now Renton, cos he's back on the drink. That's what they were on about this morning - he'd looked after himself really well following his heart failure but he's had a few heavy sessions with Brazil the last week and Brazil mentioned something about his "new heart" this morning.

195318[/snapback]

Ah, right. Brazil's a bad influence like, he comes across as a complete alchy.

195278[/snapback]

195283[/snapback]

195287[/snapback]

195301[/snapback]

195318[/snapback]

Ah, right. Brazil's a bad influence like, he comes across as a complete alchy.

195322[/snapback]

Life of Reilly though. Would love his lifestyle, although not his face or hair (Killer Clown from Outer Space tbh).

Simultaneous equations with how many unknowns (3) (4) ?? Fucked if I can remember :razz:

Spherical Trigonometry. Yeah, like I use that every day when I put the washing in :drinks:

Anyway, I don't think Parry has had a heart swap - he has just been a good boy for a while and his heart is a lot stronger. I'm sure that's what he was saying the last time I heard him.

Simultaneous equations with how many unknowns (3) (4) ?? Fucked if I can remember :razz:

Spherical Trigonometry. Yeah, like I use that every day when I put the washing in :drinks:

Anyway, I don't think Parry has had a heart swap - he has just been a good boy for a while and his heart is a lot stronger. I'm sure that's what he was saying the last time I heard him.

195340[/snapback]

Makes more sense tbh cos I've never noticed a break in him being on the radio long enough for him to have had surgery like that. He's funny Parry like. A complete dickhead, but amusing with it.

Mnemomic. For example, for the colours of the rainbow, Richard of Yarn gave Bridget internal vibrations.

195255[/snapback]

We spent an entire lesson early on in middle school making up mnemonics for the colours of the rainbow. Seriously lazy teaching now that I think about it. :razz:

Anyway, Mrs. Bell didn't seem to appreciate my suggestion of "Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet", which I made on the grounds that I knew them off by heart already and having to learn a mnemonic would only confuse the issue. I was a right little shit sometimes.

Do forward rolls in P.E. count as an academic achilles heel? I was fine with anything going backwards (f'nar etc., probably) but I remember I had a right mental block with the idea of willingly overbalancing towards the ground that was quite obviously in front of my face. No idea why. :drinks:

Edited by Meenzer

Do forward rolls in P.E. count as an academic achilles heel? I was fine with anything going backwards (f'nar etc., probably) but I remember I had a right mental block with the idea of willingly overbalancing towards the ground that was quite obviously in front of my face. No idea why.  :razz:

195489[/snapback]

:drinks:

You can picture the scene: Meenzer attempting a forward roll in PE and all the boys pointing and laughing saying 'You're soooo gay, you are.' Little did they know....

:drinks::wub::wub:

You can picture the scene: Meenzer attempting a forward roll in PE and all the boys pointing and laughing saying 'You're soooo gay, you are.'  Little did they know....

:drinks:  :drinks:  :wub:

195495[/snapback]

Fortunately there were a couple of smelly kids and retards in my P.E. class too, so it spread the abuse around a bit. :razz:

You can picture the scene: Meenzer attempting a forward roll in PE and all the boys pointing and laughing saying 'You're soooo gay, you are.'  Little did they know....

:drinks:  :drinks:  :wub:

195495[/snapback]

Fortunately there were a couple of smelly kids and retards in my P.E. class too, so it spread the abuse around a bit. :razz:

195498[/snapback]

Wacky and SO?

I've just signed up to do an HNC in operations engineering, and I'm shitting myself, most of it is based around what I do everyday at work but the maths scares the shit out me.

Transposition of formulae

Calculus

and the rather hairy end of Ohms law and Kerchoffs.

First lecture starts monday.

I'm dreading it already.

I did Politics A-Level and hated every minute of it.  It wasn't that I couldn't understand it, but because I was so uninterested I never tried to.  History of Political Thought - Marx, Rousseau, Madison etc.  Life does not get any more dull.

195133[/snapback]

Its class man!

I've got a book called Plato to Nato, its like my little politics bible.

On the subject of learning aids, what are peoples favourite mnemonics? Mine was Oh, oh, oh, to touch and feel a virgin girls vagina and hymen.

195228[/snapback]

EH?

195233[/snapback]

Huh? :nono:

195240[/snapback]

What is that thing you wrote above meant to be like? Is this you getting mixed up with autonyms again?

195246[/snapback]

Mnemomic. For example, for the colours of the rainbow, Richard of Yarn gave Bridget internal vibrations. Red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, violet.

A prize for anyone eho knows what the oh, oh, oh one is about (luke excepted).

195255[/snapback]

Bollocks.

Everyone knows it should be Richard Of York Gained Battles In Vain.

Your mneumonic is just plain shite! :aye::puke:

I did Politics A-Level and hated every minute of it.  It wasn't that I couldn't understand it, but because I was so uninterested I never tried to.  History of Political Thought - Marx, Rousseau, Madison etc.  Life does not get any more dull.

195133[/snapback]

Its class man!

I've got a book called Plato to Nato, its like my little politics bible.

195651[/snapback]

So, have you coloured all pictures yet?