Martins is canny good

Gemmill

Guest Patrokles
There's a bit of a difference between native spaniards/italians and an African who happened to play in Italy for a while.

195784[/snapback]

He has never really played somewhere else, so the difference is marginally tbh

195822[/snapback]

Nonsense. Look at the way the bloke is built. Without wanting to over-generalise, the majority of African footballers are ox-strong. I can count the exceptions on one hand.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest! Latest! Footballer doesn't diss team-mate shock!

Lord, I'm getting old :puke: Every day of every year we get stories from one player telling us his team-mate is 'the bizz' in training *yawns* :nono::aye:

I seem to recall a famous one by some kid called Dyer telling us about how good Jeeeenas was in training etc etc etc!

I hope upon hope that Martins becomes the best striker in England. C'mon son, make us proud. :puke::puke::puke::(:(:nufc::nufc:

Not one to kneejerk at all but I'm feeling slightly uneasy at the minute about our £10m man.

196012[/snapback]

Hardly heard his name on the radio. Way the team played? His touch? what was up?

196015[/snapback]

Before I say this, it's with the caveat that I know it's only his second game in the Premiership, but: he looks as weak as piss, he doesn't look as fast as I thought he was meant to be, he doesn't like taking his man on (a few times he's got the ball with players ahead of him and you're desperate for him to run at them but he lays it off), he doesn't seem blessed with any skill or trickery. The way we play isn't helping him in the slightest like, and I'm sure he'll get better, but I do have concerns at the minute.

Not one to kneejerk at all but I'm feeling slightly uneasy at the minute about our £10m man.

196012[/snapback]

Hardly heard his name on the radio. Way the team played? His touch? what was up?

196015[/snapback]

Before I say this, it's with the caveat that I know it's only his second game in the Premiership, but: he looks as weak as piss, he doesn't look as fast as I thought he was meant to be, he doesn't like taking his man on (a few times he's got the ball with players ahead of him and you're desperate for him to run at them but he lays it off), he doesn't seem blessed with any skill or trickery. The way we play isn't helping him in the slightest like, and I'm sure he'll get better, but I do have concerns at the minute.

196016[/snapback]

You would have thought that they would have some sort of game plan to take advantage of his pace. Maybe a bit too early to make a proper judgement but it does sound like he had a quietish game. I was going to say he is only young so is one for the future but even that is debateable.

Definitely too early to draw any conclusions like, but it won't be long before the crowd is on his back if this keeps up. Looking around today after one or two things he did, and you could see people looking quizzically at their mates as if to say "Is it just me that's thinking he might not be all that good?"

I just have no confidence in the team or manager right now...We've got a couple of tough games to come away next. What the fuck are we going to do? All our players apart from Dyer & Owen are fit so it won't be long until lady luck is mentioned...!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I just have no confidence in the team or manager right now...We've got a couple of tough games to come away next. What the fuck are we going to do? All our players apart from Dyer & Owen are fit so it won't be long until lady luck is mentioned...!

196035[/snapback]

All of the good will Roeder had built up with me in the run-in last season has pretty much gone, I have to say. I really believed him for most of the transfer window, and now we're fucked. I'll not be making that mistake again.

That back four needs major surgery. An idiot can see it, and we should have been working all 3 months of the window to do something about it. Instead we signed Olivier Bernard the day after the window closed. Shambles.

I do like the sound of Nobby coming back in with Duff on the left again. Zoggy's a great player but we have to sort out that final ball. I feel with Duff back on the left and nobby on the right it could hopefully give the team better balance. Zoggy will make a good sub unlike Sibierski who is such a top class player that St James Park wasn’t worthy of his boots to tread the pitch today...!

I've never really been a big fan of Emre to be honest so personally I'd like to see Nicky Butt come in and partner Scott Parker who seems to be the only one running the show at the minute. Emre does a lot of running, but never really seems disciplined enough to rely on getting stuck in, IMO.

Hopefully Steven Taylor is fit in time so we can partner him alongside Moore. I'd like to see Bernard on a treadmill at gunpoint for the next few days because we could do with a player that's committed at the back...!

Guest Patrokles
I didn't see the game today so fook off!  :aye: I based that comment on past performances, sheesh!  :nono:

196095[/snapback]

Every performance this season with the possible exception of Villa (I wasn't in the country to judge), Emre has been 100% committed and busy. Quite how you can write at length concerning the team based on this game that you haven't seen is beyond me.

I didn't see the game today so fook off!  :aye: I based that comment on past performances, sheesh!  :nono:

196095[/snapback]

Every performance this season with the possible exception of Villa (I wasn't in the country to judge), Emre has been 100% committed and busy. Quite how you can write at length concerning the team based on this game that you haven't seen is beyond me.

196098[/snapback]

To be honest all though I didn't see the game I did listen in on the radio and I think I give a fair view upon what I've said. We lacked firepower up front and we were shit at the back, as far as everything else goes those are options that could be tried and I have every right to express those views as you would.

Scott Parker was the only player mentioned in having a great game. We were said to have lacked drive and ambition everywhere else on the pitch. As far as Emre goes despite today I stand by on my opinion of him that he does do a lot of running and tries to create chances, but doesn't look to be strong enough on the ball or winning possession. Warren Barton was 100% and busy, but that doesn't make him a great player.

Guest Patrokles

196095[/snapback]

196098[/snapback]

To be honest all though I didn't see the game I did listen in on the radio and I think I give a fair view upon what I've said. We lacked firepower up front and we were shit at the back, as far as everything else goes those are options that could be tried and I have every right to express those views as you would.

Scott Parker was the only player mentioned in having a great game. We were said to have lacked drive and ambition everywhere else on the pitch. As far as Emre goes despite today I stand by on my opinion of him that he does do a lot of running and tries to create chances, but doesn't look to be strong enough on the ball or winning possession. Warren Barton was 100% and busy, but that doesn't make him a great player.

196104[/snapback]

That's fair enough. I do sincerely beg to differ concerning Emre, though. He wins possession a fair amount, gets a good few blocks in, and is very hard to shake off the ball. He can pick it up and glide past players, and his partnership with Parker is starting to look very handy indeed.

Though most have said no one had a great game, I thought Parker and Emre done much better in the second half. Emre was great breaking their play up and made some good interceptions. Duff and Zog were busy on the wings causing Fulham many problems. but, as ever, no end result. Shola puffed n panted without doing much and Martins looked a little lost. Martins needs time and games and Shola is well ... shola. the back four were shocking. At RB Carr was our best defender, LB Ramage is clearly not suited. He was turned far too easily so many times. The first goal was from his slip, the Bramble let the ball go past him for hit to be cracked home. Utter shite. Was comical at the end, the back four just didnt have a clue as the ball was passed around them.

Worse still, our bench had not a single defender.

:nono:

Though most have said no one had a great game, I thought Parker and Emre done much better in the second half. Emre was great breaking their play up and made some good interceptions. Duff and Zog were busy on the wings causing Fulham many problems. but, as ever, no end result. Shola puffed n panted without doing much and Martins looked a little lost. Martins needs time and games and Shola is well ... shola. the back four were shocking. At RB Carr was our best defender, LB Ramage is clearly not suited. He was turned far too easily so many times. The first goal was from his slip, the Bramble let the ball go past him for hit to be cracked home. Utter shite. Was comical at the end, the back four just didnt have a clue as the ball was passed around them.

Worse still, our bench had not a single defender.

:nono:

I remain to be convinced our entire squad posesses anyone worthy of that description, let alone the bench

:aye:

Edited by Toonpack

There's a bit of a difference between native spaniards/italians and an African who happened to play in Italy for a while.

195784[/snapback]

195822[/snapback]

Nonsense. Look at the way the bloke is built. Without wanting to over-generalise, the majority of African footballers are ox-strong. I can count the exceptions on one hand.

:nono: There have to be very small oxes where you are from.

I really start to worry. The only really pacey thing he showed yesterday was how quick he can fall to the floor when being physically challenged.

195784[/snapback]

195822[/snapback]

:nono: There have to be very small oxes where you are from.

I really start to worry. The only really pacey thing he showed yesterday was how quick he can fall to the floor when being physically challenged.

I have to agree with Isegrim like. He does not look like the powerful player I thought he was supposed to be. As I keep saying, it's still very early days, but in physical battles so far to date I don't think I've seen him come off best once.