How do you keep your page

bobbyshinton

That's bizarre behaviour. I never have more than one book on the go at the same time.

195395[/snapback]

It's not that bizarre, I'm exactly the same, I have to have a lot of bookmarks ranging from proper ones to taxi receipts. A wander over to the bookcase often results in me starting a new book.

Actually, I may have just proved your point...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bizarre behaviour. I never have more than one book on the go at the same time.

195395[/snapback]

It's not that bizarre, I'm exactly the same, I have to have a lot of bookmarks ranging from proper ones to taxi receipts. A wander over to the bookcase often results in me starting a new book.

195398[/snapback]

Exactly, are you suggesting it's not bizarre behaviour because you do it? :razz:

Would you watch two films at once, say watch the first 20 minutes of one and switch to another, then back again? No, I don't think so.

Exactly, are you suggesting it's not bizarre behaviour because you do it?  :razz:

Would you watch two films at once, say watch the first 20 minutes of one and switch to another, then back again? No, I don't think so.

195402[/snapback]

Well, you seem to think you not doing it makes it bizarre, and Alex isn't exactly helping your case.

Regarding the movie analogy, I'll assume most of us watch a movie in one sitting, but not a book, gobshite! :drinks:

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

Exactly, are you suggesting it's not bizarre behaviour because you do it? :razz:

195402[/snapback]

:drinks:

If I feel the need to move onto a new book half way through the one I'm reading currently, it must be canny shit so I'd say that one's finished.

Though I re-started Lord of the Rings about 6 times between the age of 8 and 12 or so. It's very satisfying when you manage to break the back of the Council of Elrond, plain sailing from there on.

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

195402[/snapback]

I never said i was normal tbh.

You could be watching more than 5 TV series at once and at different times of the week so the film thing isnt a goood comparison.

I'm reading 5 books at the moment and have been for quite a few months. I dont bookmark or do anything as once i've put it down i like to re-read the last few pages to get back into it. I try to finish on chapter ends but usually just try and remember roughly where i was. I therefore sometimes actually go backwards as i pick up the book only re-read one page then put the book down open and forget. When i pick it up again, i always go back a few pages to get into it again.....

:razz:

195366[/snapback]

Sounds to me like you can't actually read. I bet you hold the book upside down sometimes when you're doing the above. :drinks:

195368[/snapback]

did once get on a train and was staring at this bird and sort of on auto-pilot, got my book out, opened it, kept staring at the bird she looked up, i looked down and the book was upside down. didnt get her number tbh..

195376[/snapback]

Bet you sit with your phone on your ear but not actually calling anyone, then your phone rings and you look like a right numpty, I've got your number tbh.

Saw that happen on the Metro once, funny as fuck.

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

195402[/snapback]

195409[/snapback]

Was Renton not the one with a sig talking about rhetorical questions being for politicians and psychopaths, or was that someone else? HF? :drinks:

195411[/snapback]

And Rantin' would be feckin' horrified at being classed as normal. He's a medical man, you know.

Are you the same Magma that had a complete conniption fit on N-O last night? :razz:

195424[/snapback]

No i'm a different magma, never used the N-O forums before.

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

195402[/snapback]

195409[/snapback]

Was Renton not the one with a sig talking about rhetorical questions being for politicians and psychopaths, or was that someone else? HF? :drinks:

195417[/snapback]

Women and Psychopaths. It's Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting).

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

195402[/snapback]

195409[/snapback]

195417[/snapback]

:wub: It was me.

Still think it's odd behaviour tbh.

If a books worth reading I find I can't read anything else until it's finished, except news papers or magazines.

Btw, the analogy stands. A book is more like a film than a TV series - FACT.

195395[/snapback]

195398[/snapback]

195402[/snapback]

195409[/snapback]

195417[/snapback]

:wub: It was me.

If a books worth reading I find I can't read anything else until it's finished, except news papers or magazines.

195431[/snapback]

Novels were often serialised in the past though :wub:

Ok, I'll believe you then...

:razz:

195429[/snapback]

Pretty unusual username for a Newcastle forum, if it was two magmas on competing geological forums I might buy it.

I've never heard of this DotBum cunt on that other forum btw.

195411[/snapback]

And Rantin' would be feckin' horrified at being classed as normal. He's a medical man, you know.

195419[/snapback]

Aye, think he is some sort of pharmacuetical adviser in the NHS isnt he?

Anyway, more than one book is not that bizaree. Am reading a book on scientific method by Karl Popper which is amazing but tough to read. I am also reading Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Copeland ,a book called Poppy Shakespeare, just started another the other day too on the future of health care in the US. A book for every mood and time of day/week tbh.

:drinks:  It was me.

195431[/snapback]

I'm a lot odder than that, what's your point? :razz:

195411[/snapback]

195419[/snapback]

195438[/snapback]

Works in Boots tbh.

Anyway, more than one book is not that bizaree. Am reading a book on scientific method by Karl Popper which is amazing but tough to read. I am also reading Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Copeland ,a book called Poppy Shakespeare, just started another the other day too on the future of health care in the US. A book for every mood and time of day/week tbh.

195438[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up for me.

195411[/snapback]

195419[/snapback]

195438[/snapback]

Works in Boots tbh.

195441[/snapback]

Aye, hence my omnipresence here. :razz: