What the hell has happened to N-O?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're transferring to a new server. Only instead of taking an up to date back up and informing everyone to move once they were ready, they took the unprecedented decision to transfer across a backup that was a week old (so basically any post in the last week is missing) and then announce the new location.........whilst still keeping the old one open.

So they've currently got two versions of the forum going. One old one which is more up to date than the new one which people are still posting in. And a new one which has new posts from yesterday which people are also posting in.

All in all it's going pretty well. :razz:

Newcastle Online: The Oldest and Most Schizophrenic NUFC Forum on the Web.

They're transferring to a new server.  Only instead of taking an up to date back up and informing everyone to move once they were ready, they took the unprecedented decision to transfer across a backup that was a week old (so basically any post in the last week is missing) and then announce the new location.........whilst still keeping the old one open.

So they've currently got two versions of the forum going.  One old one which is more up to date than the new one which people are still posting in.  And a new one which has new posts from yesterday which people are also posting in.

All in all it's going pretty well. :razz:

Newcastle Online:  The Oldest and Most Schizophrenic NUFC Forum on the Web.

195364[/snapback]

:drinks:

You are kidding me, aren't you??

Nope.

195375[/snapback]

Fucking hell! I've never heard of anything so ridiculous...

They've got two forums running and completely out of sync? If I did that with an upgrade of a system at work I'd be sacked, and rightly so.

Bet the sponsors are loving it....

They are soooooooooooo NUFC!  :nono:

195381[/snapback]

:aye: how true is that!!

And yes the whole thing is ludicrously ridiculous. If you're gonna transfer a batch of posts, don't start with the older ones surely! start with the newer ones :puke:

Didn't HTT rap his job in to dedicate all of his time to the Hitzfeld campaign?

195696[/snapback]

Aye seemingly he had some insider info that the campaign was working and it just needed a final push to get him here, then from what I heard like (but on the QT) some twat went and spoilt it all with some ill thought out pisstake :nono:

(laughs)

Didn't HTT rap his job in to dedicate all of his time to the Hitzfeld campaign?

195696[/snapback]

Aye seemingly he had some insider info that the campaign was working and it just needed a final push to get him here, then from what I heard like (but on the QT) some twat went and spoilt it all with some ill thought out pisstake :nono:

(laughs)

195701[/snapback]

Spoiled it?