What the hell has happened to N-O?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buying the rights to Nufc.org, I've also approached Alan Shearer to endorse the site, HTT is fucked, he will disappear into nothingness

:lol:

I'll join just let me know when you are up and running.

Or just stay here B)

I'm buying the rights to Nufc.org, I've also approached Alan Shearer to endorse the site, HTT is fucked, he will disappear into nothingness

:lol:

I'll join just let me know when you are up and running.

Or just stay here B)

How hospitable and welcoming. Thanks Ted. :lol:

Well seeing as toonale own it and they sponsor N-O (I think they still do) then they mightnt be too keen to flog it to ya B)

I am kind of sorry for HTT. He really seems to be very passionate about what he is doing, but all the ideas he is coming up with are absolutely shite tbh. I have never seen an admin with worse ideas for a forum and I still cringe about when he first came up with the extract for the NUFC history he was about to write.

I really have to say that the []b closing of his old forum [/b] and the merge with the old Toontastic was the worst thing to happen. Neither of the two fora is the same as the original Toontasic has been. And there are a lot of posters whose contribution I do miss but who he (IMHO) schmoozed by giving them some involvement in N-O.

howay the toon is still going mate.

Oh well, I echo Isegrim view on all this. You can tell some of them do care a lot... but they put so much effort into shooting themselves in the foot it's amazing.

Lets see I've been on here four weeks, N-O has taken a dive in the last four weeks. Post count up on TT? Down on N-O?

Defections.

I'm the man

:lol: Think you're funny eh! B)

its decline started when I was banned !!!!

I am kind of sorry for HTT. He really seems to be very passionate about what he is doing, but all the ideas he is coming up with are absolutely shite tbh. I have never seen an admin with worse ideas for a forum and I still cringe about when he first came up with the extract for the NUFC history he was about to write.

I really have to say that the []b closing of his old forum [/b] and the merge with the old Toontastic was the worst thing to happen. Neither of the two fora is the same as the original Toontasic has been. And there are a lot of posters whose contribution I do miss but who he (IMHO) schmoozed by giving them some involvement in N-O.

howay the toon is still going mate.

Only just though B)

That's it, I've had it, I tried to stick it out but its gone mod f*cking tastic over there with a touch of looney tunes! :lol:

I'm not quite sure what's going on, the mods have gone from "Don't like it? Tough, it's crucial to the forum" to "OK, if it goes, it goes, I didn't care about it anyway". I can only assume Mr Admin has made a royal visit to the forums, seen the mods acting like rampaging chimps and overruled them. It's even starting to look like people wont have to have their thread rubber stamped by some emotionally crippled adolescent before it appears in the NUFC forum B)

Edited by BlueStar

That's it, I've had it, I tried to stick it out but its gone mod f*cking tastic over there with a touch of looney tunes! :lol:

I'm not quite sure what's going on, the mods have gone from "Don't like it? Tough, it's crucial to the forum" to "OK, if it goes, it goes, I didn't care about it anyway". I can only assume Mr Admin has made a royal visit to the forums, seen the mods acting like rampaging chimps and overruled them. It's even starting to look like people wont have to have their thread rubber stamped by some emotionally crippled adolescent before it appears in the NUFC forum B)

Should we all go back for a day, remind them what it was like pre change :lol:

Agreed mate agreed.

I'll still post on there like, cos they do have some decent posters, but a) it's gone downhill of late, and b ) it only remains bearable in spite of the moderating team's best efforts to completely fuck it up. It all started with the ludicrous bannings (some of them are incredible) and has just snowballed from there with a seemingly "what can we do next to give us a little bit more power?" attitude to running the place. Sad as fuck tbh.

I'll still post on there like, cos they do have some decent posters, but a) it's gone downhill of late, and b ) it only remains bearable in spite of the moderating team's best efforts to completely fuck it up. It all started with the ludicrous bannings (some of them are incredible) and has just snowballed from there with a seemingly "what can we do next to give us a little bit more power?" attitude to running the place. Sad as fuck tbh.

Yep, I just had a look at a few of the recent bannings..my god. B)

The assumptions you made there are not the case at all. Some of the bannings have been petty I agree, but once you start, some posters demand that equal treatment is used, which we have done. However, claiming we are all power-mad is just incorrect from what i've seen. No doubt you'll not believe me/rip this post to shreds, but if you could see the discussions on the admin forum you'd realise this wasn't the case.

Apologies for bringing this onto your forum, but then again this thread was already here.

The assumptions you made there are not the case at all. Some of the bannings have been petty I agree, but once you start, some posters demand that equal treatment is used, which we have done. However, claiming we are all power-mad is just incorrect from what i've seen. No doubt you'll not believe me/rip this post to shreds, but if you could see the discussions on the admin forum you'd realise this wasn't the case.

Apologies for bringing this onto your forum, but then again this thread was already here.

I didn't even realise you were a mod on there. Who else moderates that place?

I didn't even realise you were a mod on there. Who else moderates that place?

Theres a difference in being on the mod list and actually moderating though. B)