Liverpool get go-ahead on stadium

Craig

I think we should have moved to a new stadium. I know it was turned down, but they should have threatened to pull the club out of the city centre, and got the land at Leazes Park. But I don't care about tradition, I think we would have made new traditions, and its just progress.

195488[/snapback]

Hall did, to Gateshead. They called his bluff

195616[/snapback]

they knew he was bluffing

I think we should have moved to a new stadium. I know it was turned down, but they should have threatened to pull the club out of the city centre, and got the land at Leazes Park. But I don't care about tradition, I think we would have made new traditions, and its just progress.

195488[/snapback]

Hall did, to Gateshead. They called his bluff

195616[/snapback]

they knew he was bluffing

195698[/snapback]

Shame they didnt make it in some ways but the whole plan was huge at one point and included the idea of transforming SJP didnt it? He was talking of hockey, rugby etc in there.

In the end I was pleased it didnt come about and still think the ground looks good. Looked better when a bit more symmetrical with 36000 but that was never going to last.

The East Stand has obviously changed but it looks vaguely like it used to (on the inside - the outside and even the upstairs bit hasnt changed since the 70s really) and the sentimental side of me likes that. On the other hand it is the ugliest bit of the ground.

Not sure but certainly like the idea of staying where we have always been.