Your most vivid dream or nightmare

Toonraider

I woke up with a start last night, i know what i had been dreaming wasn't pleasant as i felt really uneasy and my heart was racing, but i cant for the life of me remember what i dreamt :razz:

Do you remember your dreams? Or do you have recurring dreams?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream where Michael Stipe can into my work after hours and was running around looking to kill my boss. I had to tackle him to the ground where he broke down in tears. Next thing I know we're standing on a cliff and he throws himself off.

I had a dream last night that I was in the Metrocentre, and forgot where my car was parked (I dont have a car), and was pissed off because I was meant to be going out with my mates, but my Mam told me she needed me to be a waiter because it was her birthday, I had to do waitering at Dixon sports. Then I woke up, and my nob was hanging out of my boxers 8)

I had a dream last night that I was in the Metrocentre, and forgot where my car was parked (I dont have a car), and was pissed off because I was meant to be going out with my mates, but my Mam told me she needed me to be a waiter because it was her birthday, I had to do waitering at Dixon sports. Then I woke up, and my nob was hanging out of my boxers 8)

195502[/snapback]

:razz: and thats another story!!!

195502[/snapback]

:razz: and thats another story!!!

195509[/snapback]

No, it was the same one...

Guest Patrokles

I had a dream last week that I'd gotten vaguely jiggy wid someone who wasn't my girl (who I was sleeping next to at the time) and I felt awful so I went to see her but she was on the phone crying because someone told her what had happened and nothing I could say would make it any better. I woke up in a cold sweat feeling more scared than I ever had from a dream before.

Of course, when I subsequently told her about the dream I told it like someone had made up that I had kissed someone else, rather than me actually having done so.

I very rarely remember my dreams.  I was going to say I never have dreams but I knew some dickhead would tell me that I did and just couldn't remember them. :razz:

195516[/snapback]

Tyler Durden tbh.

My nightmares all have the same theme. Trapped in a building or some location and being hunted. :drinks:

Edited by ChezGiven

Years ago I started keeping a dream diary. Thats where you keep an A4 diary by your bed and as soon as you wake up you write down what your dream was before you forget (and yes, before you go for a piss).

Anyway, I only done it about 5 times but I can still remember the dreams now from then.

One very odd one, I was a horse (one of the few times Ive not been me in a dream) and I was in the sea at Whitley Bay with some other horses, staring over at a paper shop on the beach.

Another one I could fly, and was flying 1ft above the ground over my old school field. But, I could only go at about 2mph.

Another Id won the lottery and was riding newcastle city centre on top of a double decker bus with a MASSIVE bag of copper.

The usual, Id had my car nicked and I knew it was a couple of lads I used to go to school with and I felt worried that I was gonna get a kicking while looking for it.

Also, when I was a kid I remember dreaming I had a guitar then woke up and went looking for it.

Worst one though, was when I started getting sleep paralysis. Where I swore I was awake but couldnt move at all. Always felt like there was someone slowing walking towards me from the other way my head was facing on the bed but couldnt move or turn around to look. Had really force myself to move and usually took a few mins. Freaked me out a few times. Happened a canny few

I had a dream the other night where I played for the toon, and Liverpool swapped Steven Gerrard+ £4m for me and Michael Owen. I was really upset about it, and woke up feeling sad that Glen had stopped me playing for the club I love.

Read into that what you will.

Twice I've got up in the morning, started running a bath, went to lie in bed while it fills and fell back asleep. In an upstairs flat the neighbours don't appreciate that kind of thing.

It's recently led to me dreaming that I got up during the night and started running the tap. Which means in real life I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom four or five times between 5am and 7am just to be sure.

Worst one though, was when I started getting sleep paralysis.  Where I swore I was awake but couldnt move at all.  Always felt like there was someone slowing walking towards me from the other way my head was facing on the bed but couldnt move or turn around to look.  Had really force myself to move and usually took a few mins.  Freaked me out a few times.  Happened a canny few

195525[/snapback]

Posting paralysis set in.

Years ago I started keeping a dream diary.  Thats where you keep an A4 diary by your bed and as soon as you wake up you write down what your dream was before you forget (and yes, before you go for a piss).

Anyway, I only done it about 5 times but I can still remember the dreams now  from then.

One very odd one, I was a horse (one of the few times Ive not been me in a dream) and I was in the sea at Whitley Bay with some other horses, staring over at a paper shop on the beach.

Another one I could fly, and was flying 1ft above the ground over my old school field.  But, I could only go at about 2mph.

Another Id won the lottery and was riding newcastle city centre on top of a double decker bus with a MASSIVE bag of copper.

The usual, Id had my car nicked and I knew it was a couple of lads I used to go to school with and I felt worried that I was gonna get a kicking while looking for it.

Also, when I was a kid I remember dreaming I had a guitar then woke up and went looking for it.

Worst one though, was when I started getting sleep paralysis.  Where I swore I was awake but couldnt move at all.  Always felt like there was someone slowing walking towards me from the other way my head was facing on the bed but couldnt move or turn around to look.  Had really force myself to move and usually took a few mins.  Freaked me out a few times.  Happened a canny few

195525[/snapback]

Thats really weird :razz: I've twice experienced similar fairly recently, just the feeling i was awake but i could not for the life of me move a muscle. Horrible feeling.

Years ago I started keeping a dream diary.  Thats where you keep an A4 diary by your bed and as soon as you wake up you write down what your dream was before you forget (and yes, before you go for a piss).

Anyway, I only done it about 5 times but I can still remember the dreams now  from then.

Another one I could fly, and was flying 1ft above the ground over my old school field.  But, I could only go at about 2mph.

195525[/snapback]

Thats really weird :razz: I've twice experienced similar fairly recently, just the feeling i was awake but i could not for the life of me move a muscle. Horrible feeling.

195538[/snapback]

I get the same thing every night on the sofa. I love it.

My mate insisted it was when you'd been abducted by Aliens :razz:

What really freaked me out was once night when I tried to "roll with it". Started hearing my Dad and Step-Mother talking downstairs as if I was living back home. Which I wasnt.

Feeling paralyzed within a dream or while waking up is actually a physical process of protection by your body while you are asleep. The fear & rush of adrenaline bring you to partial wakefulness, close to waking up completely. While we are asleep (in REM state), our brain induces paralysis to prevent us from acting out our dreams, and quite possibly hurting ourselves.  There have been reported deaths of people with this mechanism being faulty, who fled a dream "monster" and threw themselves out of a high-rise apartment, or ran into the street and were struck by a car and killed. There have also been reports of people "fighting" dream assailants, and sadly when they "come to" or awaken, they find out they have hurt or even killed their housemate or spouse. THIS IS RARE.

Feeling paralyzed within a dream or while waking up is actually a physical process of protection by your body while you are asleep. The fear & rush of adrenaline bring you to partial wakefulness, close to waking up completely. While we are asleep (in REM state), our brain induces paralysis to prevent us from acting out our dreams, and quite possibly hurting ourselves.  There have been reported deaths of people with this mechanism being faulty, who fled a dream "monster" and threw themselves out of a high-rise apartment, or ran into the street and were struck by a car and killed. There have also been reports of people "fighting" dream assailants, and sadly when they "come to" or awaken, they find out they have hurt or even killed their housemate or spouse. THIS IS RARE.

195548[/snapback]

Eee well feck me! That kinda makes sense given that I thought someone was coming up behind me. So if this hadnt kicked in Id have possibly darted off, tripped over my shoes and smacked my head off the cupboard.

Clever stuff.

It's scary stuff, feels like your drifting away, What happens if you don't try and wake yourself up, do you just fall asleep properly? I thought I was dying when I first got it.

195546[/snapback]

I swear i was awake when it happened though, eventually when i did move i sat bolt upright in a complete panic, i thought i was paralysed.

I used to suffer from sleep paralysis regularly. Still happens from time-to-time. It's pretty unpleasant. I never thought I'd been abducted by aliens though.

The sensation of falling just as you drop-off is canny weird too.

I used to suffer from sleep paralysis regularly. Still happens from time-to-time. It's pretty unpleasant. I never thought I'd been abducted by aliens though.

195557[/snapback]

Can be caused by over-tiredness. Physical tiredness i think. I've had it a few times, i keep waking myself up as it freaks me out.

195557[/snapback]

Do that when Im dropping off sometimes. Its as if Ive stepped off a curb without knowing it was there. My whole body jumps and our lass shites hersel :razz: No, not literally :drinks: