Your most vivid dream or nightmare

Toonraider

I used to suffer from sleep paralysis regularly. Still happens from time-to-time. It's pretty unpleasant. I never thought I'd been abducted by aliens though.

The sensation of falling just as you drop-off is canny weird too.

195557[/snapback]

Can be caused by over-tiredness. Physical tiredness i think. I've had it a few times, i keep waking myself up as it freaks me out.

195559[/snapback]

well that adds up for me as i do get over -tired.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that each of us will consume at least 4 spiders/insects during our lifetime as we sleep :drinks: I always make sure i close my mouth before i go to sleep  :razz:

195567[/snapback]

I think they've averaged out all the midgies that the Africans will swallow to arrive at that figure.

I read somewhere that each of us will consume at least 4 spiders/insects during our lifetime as we sleep :puke:I always make sure i close my mouth before i go to sleep :nono:

195567[/snapback]

:aye:

Its just the body's sleep mechanism working before the brain's isnt it? The physical part of you sleeping before the mental part of you.

Am not saying you are mental like.

195551[/snapback]

Some years ago when I was going through a bad patch. i HAD REGULAR DREAMS WHERE i WAS SOMEONE ELSE (sorry hit caps lock)

It was so vivid I had to visit the place I was dreaming of to ensure it was a dream :nono:

Its just the body's sleep mechanism working before the brain's isnt it? The physical part of you sleeping before the mental part of you.

195551[/snapback]

Some years ago when I was going through a bad patch. i HAD REGULAR DREAMS WHERE i WAS SOMEONE ELSE (sorry hit caps lock)

It was so vivid I had to visit the place I was dreaming of to ensure it was a dream :nono:

195613[/snapback]

You're obviously a man of some age to be married for 26 years. But some of the stuff you come out with puzzles me.

Edited by Happy Face

195551[/snapback]

195613[/snapback]

You're obviously a man of some age to be married for 26 years. But some of the stuff you come out with puzzles me.

195617[/snapback]

48, what puzzles you? Fractions do me

what puzzles you?  Fractions do me

195621[/snapback]

"I had to visit the place I was dreaming of to ensure it was a dream"

How did you know where it was?

195623[/snapback]

It was two places, one under the south side of the Tyne Bridge the other a square off Westgate road. I know it sounds weird but I felt that I was seeing actuall people and places :nono:

what puzzles you?  Fractions do me

195621[/snapback]

"I had to visit the place I was dreaming of to ensure it was a dream"

How did you know where it was?

195623[/snapback]

It was two places, one under the south side of the Tyne Bridge the other a square off Westgate road. I know it sounds weird but I felt that I was seeing actuall people and places :nono:

195627[/snapback]

I've had dreams where I'm sat in my mams house and all of a sudden it's St James' Park or whatever. Once lucid though I've never thought to myself, I'd best go to my mams and check it's not St James' Park.

What did you say to your wife? "Just popping out to check that Westgate Road hasn't been transported to the Tyne pet!"

Think I've mentioned this before but anyway....

My worst dream experience is when I stayed at my bothers flat in Chiswick. I'd been having a few sleep walking experiences for a few years prior to this, which were more embarassing than anything else. Drink and strange surroundings triggered it - I should have taken note.

Anyway, I dreamt I was in a space station about to blow up and had to get out at all costs. In my dream I was in utter terror, it was really disturbing. Not as disturbing as when I came to though, when I was halfway out a second floor window with only my wife pulling me back to stop me falling to a likely death in the street below. Probably the closest I have come to dying, and I had no control over it. I remember bubbling like a bairn afterwards for quite a while too for some reason.

When I went through my Gemma Atkinson phase a couple of years back (gone right off her now mind, plastic bint) I once had a dream I'd met her at some massive club next to Benton metro. Obviously, this club doesn't exist, but it was a really vivid dream. I can remember exactly how the place looked, what I was wearing, what she was wearing, what my mates were wearing, how much the drinks were, the lot. I can remember all the emotions of the dream aswell, I even felt a bit pissed, it was really quite scary how real it seemed.

It had all started by one of my mates telling me he'd blagged us into the VIP bit of this place, and once we were in there, we all got split up, chatting to famous people. One of the lads was chatting up Dusty Springfield for fucks sake, another lad was asking Tom Hanks for a tab.. :nono:

Then, one of my mates came tearing over telling me who was there, and how I wouldn't beleive it etc etc..so he showed me. After all the initial nerves I went over and had a full on converation with her, which I can still remember fully, got on really well, left with her number and all that. She left, and I went over to the lads, who were all assembled at the bar. One of them started singing the Blaydon Races, and got chucked out, so we followed him out.

Last thing I remember of it was walking down the street towards the metro, and not long after I woke up.

I had been out on the piss the night before, and I woke up feeling a bit rough. I somehow managed to convince myself this had actually happened.

Needless to say, when I was brushing my teeth and suddenly realised none of that had happened at all, I was bastard furious! :aye:

I had a nightmare/pure class dream a while back. It was so good, I wrote it down. I won't say what it is, but hey if it's good...

Elle phoned me up the other night and said "Don't get nightmares" since I was walking around downstairs in the dark.....I dreamed that I was tied down and making out with the minger in my year. :nono:

I also used to dream back when I was....oh must've been 4 or 5 years old that I fell into a bottomless skip, with me parents watching me fall.

I used to live not far from the sea in S. Shields and spent a fair portion of my childhood at the beach - all my life I've had recurring dreams about a tidal wave hitting there with the added cliche of not being able to run/walk/get away (I now know from the Asian one you don't exactly get much of a chance anyway).

I used to live not far from the sea in S. Shields and spent a fair portion of my childhood at the beach - all my life I've had recurring dreams about a tidal wave hitting there with the added cliche of not being able to run/walk/get away (I now know from the Asian one you don't exactly get much of a chance anyway).

195690[/snapback]

if its a huge freak wave then no - there wont be much warning. but if its a tsunami, then yes you will have some warning as the water will 'rush out' first before it rushes back in and onto land. (though the width of the north sea will probably mean it will take a few minutes for the tsunami to cross).

i always dream. always in color and my dreams are also extremely vivid.

195690[/snapback]

if its a huge freak wave then no - there wont be much warning. but if its a tsunami, then yes you will have some warning as the water will 'rush out' first before it rushes back in and onto land. (though the width of the north sea will probably mean it will take a few minutes for the tsunami to cross).

i always dream. always in color and my dreams are also extremely vivid.

195691[/snapback]

It tends to be the Perfect Storm/Point Break walls of water variety for me.

I asked a lad at University who was doing psychology what it could mean and he reckoned dreams involving water indicate sexual frustration - no shit sherlock.

I quite often remember my dreams, they're always totally ridiculous like. :nono:

I have a recurring nightmare about my teeth falling out and spitting them out into my hands, blood everywhere etc, which apparently does have a 'meaning' which I've read loads and never remembered. Usually around the time of exams, been getting it again recently though as I've got a year's worth of coursework to cram into a few weeks while getting totally stressed by work. The last time I had the dream, a few nights ago, when I spat my teeth into my hand it was actually shards of glass. Uurgggh.

Guest Toplass-101

I quite often remember my dreams, they're always totally ridiculous like. :nono:

I have a recurring nightmare about my teeth falling out and spitting them out into my hands, blood everywhere etc, which apparently does have a 'meaning' which I've read loads and never remembered. Usually around the time of exams, been getting it again recently though as I've got a year's worth of coursework to cram into a few weeks while getting totally stressed by work. The last time I had the dream, a few nights ago, when I spat my teeth into my hand it was actually shards of glass. Uurgggh.

I get that one too, I bite together and they all fall out, minging. Ive no idea what it means. I also have a recurring dream about Buster (whatever his name was) from Bad Manners the band in the 80's he is squashing me into a sleeping bag and sitting on me.

I have a recurring nightmare about my teeth falling out

I get that one too, I bite together and they all fall out, minging. Ive no idea what it means.

At least it's not just me. :nono:

This classic dream has a number of interpretations. It can literally mean that you are frightened of losing your teeth. It can show the beginning of a new phase of life just as we lose our teeth when we pass from early childhood and head towards adulthood. You may be worried about your self image or the dream may signify unexpressed anxiety.

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Oh FFS I've just turned 21. :aye:

Reading a few other definitions though, they could apply to me.

Guest Patrokles

It wasn't really a dream, but last night I had been asleep for about 40 minutes, but woke up. My head was fuzzy and I wasn't thinking straight (since I'd just woken) and I turned over and went to hug Lauren (the girl I'd stayed with in America just) and she wasn't there which confused me, so I spent a few minutes thinking how I needed to get up and go get her so we could go and nap. But then I remembered. It was a bit of a bummer.