Newcastle V Fulham Official Match Thread

menace13

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really want to see the Bullard incident like.  Sounds awful.  Does anyone else think he looks like Mrs. Brady, Old Lady btw?

That was a fucking shambolic performance today btw.  Both teams deserved to lose.  Funnily enough we still can't defend.  Shame we did nothing to sort that minor issue out in the transfer window.  It's gonna be a fucking LONG season.

196008[/snapback]

:nono:

My mate's just saw him at Newcastle airport, in a weelchair, went straight to Burger King apparently.

Well that was pretty much the easiest prem match we'll get at St. James' this season, and we maanged to lose it, which was just beyond depressing.

Not only were Fulham abysmal, but we were 1-0 up and Fulham seemed to be trying to hold onto a 1-0 defeat not go for a draw, and then we decided to give them a win instead FFS!!!

We should have walked that game by 3 or 4 goal and i just don't know how we managed to lose it!

Well that was pretty much the easiest prem match we'll get at St. James' this season, and we maanged to lose it, which was just beyond depressing.

Not only were Fulham abysmal, but we were 1-0 up and Fulham seemed to be trying to hold onto a 1-0 defeat not go for a draw, and then we decided to give them a win instead FFS!!!

We should have walked that game by 3 or 4 goal and i just don't know how we managed to lose it!

196060[/snapback]

Pretty much the way I feel. If we can't win that one, I start to wonder which one we will win.

Guest Patrokles

People bang on about sorting the defence out but if you look at comments at the start of the window most people were talking about the urgent need for strikers and claiming that the defence would work.

Besides, perhaps the single biggest liability today was N'zogbia's crossing.

I had suggested before the season had started that finding a new CB was perhaps more important than a new striker, but I was completely bombarded with replies telling me how clueless and stupid I was. Well, go and and enjoy the season now lads.

I had suggested before the season had started that finding a new CB was perhaps more important than a new striker, but I was completely bombarded with replies telling me how clueless and stupid I was. Well, go and and enjoy the season now lads.

196076[/snapback]

You also said that only Henry could have scored the goal Luque scored against Lillestrom, so it's not like you never talk shit.

196076[/snapback]

You also said that only Henry could have scored the goal Luque scored against Lillestrom, so it's not like you never talk shit.

196080[/snapback]

I dont want to start that debate all over again, but it seems funny to me that nobody mentioned even a remotely similar goal scored by a player in England.

Anyway, dont you think I might have been slightly right about the defender thing?

196076[/snapback]

196080[/snapback]

I dont want to start that debate all over again, but it seems funny to me that nobody mentioned even a remotely similar goal scored by a player in England.

Anyway, dont you think I might have been slightly right about the defender thing?

196093[/snapback]

I don't think anyone thought we didn't need to sort the defence out tbh. We needed strikers too though, especially after Owen was injured. We've all been let down by the club, no one wins.

Guest Patrokles

I also thought there were some positives to take out of today, incidentally. Obviously it was disappointing, but let's not be slitting our collective wrists quite yet.

I also thought there were some positives to take out of today, incidentally. Obviously it was disappointing, but let's not be slitting our collective wrists quite yet.

196099[/snapback]

Quite right, if parker keeps on playing like this he'll be in the England squad no time. Plus I thought Emre was better today than hes been for quite some time.

We had good possesion and created decent chances.

Thats what drives me up the wall though, we dominate the whole game and hardly give them a sniff but what do you know we gift them two goals out of nothing. Typical Newcastle :nono:

The whole team suffers just because one or two people keep on making the same mistakes again and again. So bloody frustrating!!!!!!

Guest Patrokles

196099[/snapback]

Quite right, if parker keeps on playing like this he'll be in the England squad no time. Plus I thought Emre was better today than hes been for quite some time.

Thats what drives me up the wall though, we dominate the whole game and hardly give them a sniff but what do you know we gift them two goals out of nothing. Typical Newcastle :nono:

The whole team suffers just because one or two people keep on making the same mistakes again and again. So bloody frustrating!!!!!!

196103[/snapback]

Yep. Credit to Roeder for Parker's improvement.

Alex Fergurson said that 'Forwards win you matched but defenders win you tournaments.' Naturally, i'm not about to disagree with him. In light of the fact that none of our defenders are very good, maybe we should start to play 5 across the middle in an effort to deny opponents space to attack us.

According to some post match stats, Ameobi only had 1 shot all game, why was he playing? Surely Luque could have worth trying in the circumstances, and why was Rossi, a player who has trained once or twice only with the squad involved at all?

People need to stop going on about Luque. He's shit, really shit, he's not going to start another game for Newcastle unless Martins, Ameobi, Rossi and Sibierski are all out injured.

FORGET ABOUT LUQUE. Seriously.

And no, we didn't need a central defender more than a striker this summer. Because if we hadn't bought any forwards, we'd have Ameobi and Luque. A strikefore that absolutely guarantees relegation. Not that Martins is a significant enough improvement, if only in terms of numbers. Roeder's belief in Ameobi was one of his early significant mistakes, in my opinion.

We're basically fucked, but saying that everything would have been nice and rosy with a central defender instead is stupid and clueless.

People need to stop going on about Luque. He's shit, really shit, he's not going to start another game for Newcastle unless Martins, Ameobi, Rossi and Sibierski are all out injured.

FORGET ABOUT LUQUE. Seriously.

And no, we didn't need a central defender more than a striker this summer. Because if we hadn't bought any forwards, we'd have Ameobi and Luque. A strikefore that absolutely guarantees relegation. Not that Martins is a significant enough improvement, if only in terms of numbers. Roeder's belief in Ameobi was one of his early significant mistakes, in my opinion.

We're basically fucked, but saying that everything would have been nice and rosy with a central defender instead is stupid and clueless.

Also, defenders are easier to coach than forwards. A good coach can get 4 average defenders to work as a fairly effective unit that would deal adequately with most teams attacks (top 6 teams aside). It's much harder (or impossible) to teach someone how to be a good finisher. We'll see if Roeder can get the back 4 to work, it will a good test of his coaching ability because i don't think that any of our defenders (including Taylor) are much good at it individually. GR needs to work on them with a George Graham' esque desire for clean sheets imo.

I was depressed last night and I still am. This was a must-win game - we've got no chance at Anfield and Old Trafford, Everton are looking very good and we're playing West Ham away a few days after a trip to Estonia.

What gets me down most is the fact that we could (and should) easily have 9 points on board by now. It was a piss easy start to the season and we've completely blown it. I was quietly optimistic before the start of the season, but I'm fully expecting a bottom-half finish now.

Guest Patrokles

As well as the defence, we need to start learning how best to supply the front men. When we played it quickly on the deck yesterday, we did ok. But too often people were pumping it forward, presumably looking for Shola to flick it on, or to get it over the top for Martins, and it never came off.

Having said that, we did get wide enough times to have scored a couple more, but the final ball, from everyone (except Martins once, but then he wasn't in the middle to be on the end of it) was really poor. Like, out-for-a-goal-kick poor.

196099[/snapback]

Seriously?

I thought he was shite.

Seriously?

I thought he was shite.

Emre is one of the few players in the side who when getting the ball can make space for himself, take his time and find a pass rather than hooooooooooooooooooof it up as soon as he gets it.

He kept up the pressure around the edge of the area and won the ball on a number of important occasions. Aside from the goal his delivery was a bit off, but better than Zog who had something of a nightmare.

Seriously?

I thought he was shite.

Emre is one of the few players in the side who when getting the ball can make space for himself, take his time and find a pass rather than hooooooooooooooooooof it up as soon as he gets it.

He kept up the pressure around the edge of the area and won the ball on a number of important occasions. Aside from the goal his delivery was a bit off, but better than Zog who had something of a nightmare.

I couldn't make my mind up about Emre yesterday. At one stage he was neraly MotM behind Parker, but he does play a high percentage of shit passes which spoils it a bit.

Emre seems to be doing more this season and putting himslf about a bit more. However, he still has moments where he completely dissapears from games. Some would argue he dissapears for 90 minutes on away trips. Personally, I thought Bramble was the poorest he's been in along while yesterday and Shola looked totally fucked second half, should have been subbed for Sibierski with at least 20 minutes left imo.

Emre seems to be doing more this season and putting himslf about a bit more. However, he still has moments where he completely dissapears from games. Some would argue he dissapears for 90 minutes on away trips. Personally, I thought Bramble was the poorest he's been in along while yesterday and Shola looked totally fucked second half, should have been subbed for Sibierski with at least 20 minutes left imo.

I cant get to any game in Sept due to work commitments but the slating he got on SKY was over the top. Thompson etc just had loads of clips of him fucking up and ignored the fact that he has been fine this season. The usual shit really. Most of it was true but it was pure character assassination in what they perceived was a humerous manner. If he saw that then anyones confidence would be fucked.

About 5 minutes of 4 blokes telling the world that he has zero attributes (which is just plain old wrong) although Paul Walsh was a little more positive.

We do need an entire back four though x 2.

Not convinced at all by Taylor. Ramage is worse than we have had in years (and I mean since Ossies days when he still would have struggled to get a game). Bramble needs somone decent alongside him if he is to be useful. Fullbacks arent good enough.

Didnt see yesterdays game other than sky so cant really judge but me dad reckons we will struggle and hes usually right when he says stuff like that - he is generally optimisitic.