Newcastle V Fulham Official Match Thread

menace13

I cant get to any game in Sept due to work commitments but the slating he got on SKY was over the top. Thompson etc just had loads of clips of him fucking up and ignored the fact that he has been fine this season. The usual shit really. Most of it was true but it was pure character assassination in what they perceived was a humerous manner. If he saw that then anyones confidence would be fucked.

About 5 minutes of 4 blokes telling the world that he has zero attributes (which is just plain old wrong) although Paul Walsh was a little more positive.

Aye, I saw that in the pub and thought it was a disgrace tbh. Bramble then goes and has one of his worst games in a while after I thought he might have finally turned the corner. Coincidence?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant get to any game in Sept due to work commitments but the slating he got on SKY was over the top. Thompson etc just had loads of clips of him fucking up and ignored the fact that he has been fine this season. The usual shit really. Most of it was true but it was pure character assassination in what they perceived was a humerous manner. If he saw that then anyones confidence would be fucked.

About 5 minutes of 4 blokes telling the world that he has zero attributes (which is just plain old wrong) although Paul Walsh was a little more positive.

Aye, I saw that in the pub and thought it was a disgrace tbh. Bramble then goes and has one of his worst games in a while after I thought he might have finally turned the corner. Coincidence?

I think the problem is simply that you can't teach concentration. Unfortunately. Should have terminated his contract tbh-persisting with him has merely meant that we've continued to put off addressing the major defensive problems. Couple of good games and we're giving him a chance again and convincing ourselves he's going to come good. Not gonna happen. Isn't good enough.

Has anyone else noticed that Bramble seems to have thick muscles in his forehead? There's more beneath the skin than just his skull I'm sure of it. He must do some pretty serious brow-furrowing to bulk things up like that.

I wonder if they do actually work on improving his concentration...sounds stupid but there are certain foods and supplements that can help, as well as excercises for your brain.

As opposed to just "wishing" the problem away. :nono:

I wonder if they do actually work on improving his concentration...sounds stupid but there are certain foods and supplements that can help, as well as excercises for your brain.

As opposed to just "wishing" the problem away. :aye:

They should make him recite his times tables at corners. :nono:

As opposed to just "wishing" the problem away. :puke:

They should make him recite his times tables at corners. :nono:

It's only a 90 minute game though! :puke::aye:

As opposed to just "wishing" the problem away. :nono:

More drastic action required tbh. Attach crocodile clips to his bollocks and wire him up to a car battery. Given could then shock him at the first sign of trademark narcolepsy/becoming distracted by crisp packet floating across the pitch.

Without reading through the whole thread I thought it was a poor first half performance by both sides. After the break we were much improved without really looking like breaking them down until Parker scored. After that it looked like we were cruising for a while but the old defensive frailties were in evidence in the last 15 minutes, i.e. not being capable of defending balls into the box.

MOTM: Parker.

Still think we should have signed Campbell.

As opposed to just "wishing" the problem away. :aye:

More drastic action required tbh. Attach crocodile clips to his bollocks and wire him up to a car battery. Given could then shock him at the first sign of trademark narcolepsy/becoming distracted by crisp packet floating across the pitch.

:nono:

On a serious note, I'd love to know what he does all week to sort it out.

My guess is "fuck all".

Without reading through the whole thread I thought it was a poor first half performance by both sides. After the break we were much improved without really looking like breaking them down until Parker scored. After that it looked like we were cruising for a while but the old defensive frailties were in evidence in the last 15 minutes, i.e. not being capable of defending balls into the box.

Have Pompey actually conceded a goal yet this season?

Bramble should loook into hypnotherapy, bet he hasn't. Not his responsibility, like.

Have Pompey actually conceded a goal yet this season?

Bramble should loook into hypnotherapy, bet he hasn't. Not his responsibility, like.

Still haven't conceded iirc. We didn't sign Campbell because of all the matches he's missed in the last two seasons though. That explains why we tried to sign Woodgate then :nono:

Still haven't conceded iirc. We didn't sign Campbell because of all the matches he's missed in the last two seasons though. That explains why we tried to sign Woodgate then :nono:

Woodgate made a comment about Boro trying the hardest to get him that leads me to believe we would have got him if we'd really tried. Maybe Freddie wanted him but Roeder didn't. Roeder just has no interested in taking risks on transfers, he'd rather get us relegated, it seems.

I said when he was appointed I'd give him a year if we weren't in relegation form; let's see where we are at Christmas. Already another season written off, I reckon, with the exception of maybe maybe a cup run or two. :aye:

You're right about apathy like. Tbh, as soon as they equalised I could feel the second one coming. Sloppy game, both sides gave the ball away cheaply all game. Like I said earlier, Shola looks fucked. Either give him the op or don't play him, I thought he looked quite useful first half but had concrete on his feet during the second.

Shola was nowhere near fit. As for Roeder, given our run of league games (and the poor return from our 'easy' start) I can see him being under severe pressure in the coming weeks. God knows who we'll get if he goes though.

Shola was nowhere near fit. As for Roeder, given our run of league games (and the poor return from our 'easy' start) I can see him being under severe pressure in the coming weeks. God knows who we'll get if he goes though.

Unfortunately it looks like being Shearer. I love what he has done for us but he isn't a proven manager at all. I guess it will depend on who he brings in as his 2nd in command.

Unfortunately it looks like being Shearer. I love what he has done for us but he isn't a proven manager at all. I guess it will depend on who he brings in as his 2nd in command.

Doesn't need the agro and imo would be mad to take the job next anyway. At the same time I could see it happening.

Couldn't have Campbell in the same team as Scotty Parker alleged FACT! Would be mesmerized by his buttocks-two hard boiled eggs in a handkerchief tbh.

Let them at it in the dressing room before hand, in fact they should all have a go, might even wake Titus up, got to be better that Roedent's pre-match talk.

We'll be unbeatable, like the Spartans, until the inevitable extinction of the :nono: species :aye: .

Does Shearer want to get into management ASAP now, or was that just a bollocks rumour I read somewhere?

Test

NON-SEQUITASTIC

I was wondering how much our RB and LB are responsible for making our CB`s look completely shite. When I watch the likes of Man U and Chelski you notice Terry or Ferdinand hardly have much to do as the RB`s and LB`s won`t let the crosses in if it kills them. Surely our CB`s are the last line of defense before the keeper.

Are we missing Shearer on the post stopping the corners come in and across goal?

I still think we were right to pass on Woodgate, despite his performance at the weekend, cos I think he's odds on to pick up an injury soon. Campbell was just stupidity though. I could understand the "he's not played enough games" thing if we'd brought someone else in instead, but a top class defender who hasn't played many games is still better than absolutely knack all.

Hasselbaink was more stupidity - see he scored against the champions at the weekend. Good work, Glenn. We did well to stay clear of that particular FREE proven Premiership goalscorer.

TEST.

I agree re: Woodgate, it's more the excuse for not going for Campbell was shown up as ridiculous given we then went for Woodgate. Agree about Hasselbaink too. We both said that at the time. Hardly rocket science. Bernard will be fit soon though :nono:

Edited by alex

Doesn't need the agro and imo would be mad to take the job next anyway. At the same time I could see it happening.

Worst thing that could happen IMHO. Not necessarily the Shearer appointment per se (which I dont think would be brilliant), just the circumstances. Can virtually guarantee the circumstances of a Toon managerial change-over these days:

Previous manager spends big, loses the dressing room, we're in relegation zone/hovering above, new manager appointed, does 'fantastic' job (achievement lauded by press but basically just boils down to getting an under performing team to string a few results together), initial impact wears off but Chairman persists, throws big money at him to spend in the close season (fans dancing in the streets at this point), signings dont really improve team, loses dressing room, go back down to relegation zone/hovering above.......bring new manager in and start again.

I think it's basically been that way since the Keegan/Dalglish changeover. Dalglish actually got an excellent team which did just need tweeking to be taken to the next phase.

I'm fucking desperate for us to appoint a manager in favourable circumstances but can't see it happening.

By now the place is just jaded to fuck.

I was wondering how much our RB and LB are responsible for making our CB`s look completely shite. When I watch the likes of Man U and Chelski you notice Terry or Ferdinand hardly have much to do as the RB`s and LB`s won`t let the crosses in if it kills them. Surely our CB`s are the last line of defense before the keeper.

Are we missing Shearer on the post stopping the corners come in and across goal?

I suspect we are going to miss Shearer more than most people realise. Obviously he had lost his pace, but technically he was still by far our best player in defence, midfield, and attack. Then there was his leadership qualities which shouldn't be discounted.

A lot of people thought he was holding back the team and we would miraculously improve in his absence. Well, that doesn't seem to be happening so far.

Worst thing that could happen IMHO. Not necessarily the Shearer appointment per se (which I dont think would be brilliant), just the circumstances. Can virtually guarantee the circumstances of a Toon managerial change-over these days:

Previous manager spends big, loses the dressing room, we're in relegation zone/hovering above, new manager appointed, does 'fantastic' job (achievement lauded by press but basically just boils down to getting an under performing team to string a few results together), initial impact wears off but Chairman persists, throws big money at him to spend in the close season (fans dancing in the streets at this point), signings dont really improve team, loses dressing room, go back down to relegation zone/hovering above.......bring new manager in and start again.

I think it's basically been that way since the Keegan/Dalglish changeover. Dalglish actually got an excellent team which did just need tweeking to be taken to the next phase.

I'm fucking desperate for us to appoint a manager in favourable circumstances but can't see it happening.

By now the place is just jaded to fuck.

O'Neill was available, but oh no, we had to stick with the mighty Roeder. :nono:

Well that was wierd again. Even if you quote someone it adds your post to the previous one.

Thing is, defence aside (Ramage at LB was always going to spell trouble imo) I was quite happy with the starting midfield. N'Zogbia on the left and Duff on the right seemed like a good idea, it was also working to a certain extent, just the front two didn't look fit (plus Knight on Martins was almost comical)