Newcastle V Fulham Official Match Thread

menace13

Neither Roeder nor the players have offered any excuses whatsoever for poor team performances, or shoddy defending- in fact, completely the opposite-, so this is a myth that needs nipped in the bud. As for backing your new signings rather than publically criticising them? Fair enough.

Also, as predicted, whoever we didn't sign suddenly become god-like and exactly what we needed. Despite various claims to the contrary before they signed for someone else.

I predicted we needed to sign defenders in the transfer window. For some reason we didn't.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Roeder nor the players have offered any excuses whatsoever for poor team performances, or shoddy defending- in fact, completely the opposite-, so this is a myth that needs nipped in the bud. As for backing your new signings rather than publically criticising them? Fair enough.

Also, as predicted, whoever we didn't sign suddenly become god-like and exactly what we needed. Despite various claims to the contrary before they signed for someone else.

What about the excuses about transfer windows?

Also did you see any evidence that Ameobi and Martins successfully connected. Granted it's early days but it sounds suspiciously of BS to me.

Patrokles, did you used to have a different user name out of interest?

glenn_roeder presumably...

Shearer was poor for the last two seasons. He should have been replaced long before now. He still hasn't been. Shola is as good as Shearer was in those last two seasons imo. And he's not good enough.

My point is that imo he made other contributions rather than just scoring goals. I am firmly of the belief he had a major part in our revival last year as deputy manager for instance. First and foremost, above his considerable technical ability, he is an intelligent player. How many other players do we have that you can say that about? Does Bramble have a brain underneath that layer of muscle?

Yes he was old and imo probably stayed a year too long, but to simply not replace him was madness.

A source I know reckons Shearer's input was minimal as 'deputy manager' to say the least. Could be bollocks but there you go.

Well something has gone seriously wrong with our game plan this year compared to last, because we look clueless. That may be mainly down to the playing staff though I suppose. Parker at least showed his worth but it was downhill when he went off.

Who has Roeder got in his entourage to give him advice now btw? Serious question, I don't know. Clark? McDermott?

Is it a coincidence that he no longer has Tommy Craig alongside him in the dugout..?

I'd be sending Martins down the gym tbh, cos he looked like an under 14s against Mellberg and Knight so far. I mean it was literally like watching a man playing against a boy. B) It will take a while for him to adapt to the pace of the game, but if you're little and you're going to get overpowered, what's to adapt to? He looks very lightweight to me. We should make him wear a muscle suit under his shirt to give the defenders something to think about.

I'd be sending Martins down the gym tbh, cos he looked like an under 14s against Mellberg and Knight so far. I mean it was literally like watching a man playing against a boy. B) It will take a while for him to adapt to the pace of the game, but if you're little and you're going to get overpowered, what's to adapt to? He looks very lightweight to me. We should make him wear a muscle suit under his shirt to give the defenders something to think about.

Needs Wacky to take him on some sort of midget boot camp tbh.

He doesn't strike me as what we need at all, not with the way we play. I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

Needs Wacky to take him on some sort of midget boot camp tbh.

officergentleman2.jpg

"Only two things come out of Nigeria, son. Email scam artists. And queers. Now which one are you?"

I'm seriously worried. If Martins doesn't adapt, we're fucked. Hopefully he can get himself a couple of goals against Levadia (sp?), that would at least help his confidence.

Anelka would have been a better bet tbh

No excuses about his size, Andy Johnson is a midget, he played as a lone striker on saturday against Liverpool, nuff said.