Jonny Wilkinson injured again

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a quality player and the stories of him practising his kicking on christmas day are quality. A very good professional and i loved him during the World Cup besides the game against us. Quality player and i hope to see him on the world stage again at some time.

• 2 months later...

Not particularly arsed either way, but if I was a Newcastle Falcons fan I'd not be too pleased that he's starting the game against the jocks at the weekend having only just returned from another lengthy lay-off.

Do they not have central contracts, like the cricket team (spit)?

That's been discussed as a way forward I think but that's not the case at present. I think the clubs have more power than County Cricket teams in a lot of cases as they often get a lot better gates than you would for county cricket (one day games excepted) i.e. they don't rely on the RFU as much as county cricket clubs rely on the ECB for money.

I understand that there is astrong movement to split from the RFU if they try this lunatic idea of franchising........

and central contracts will only come in in return for ££££££££££££££

End of first half and Wilkinson straight back to top form, 3 penalty kicks an excellent drop goal and right back into the game throughout.

If only NUFC had arguably England's most important player and 2 top class yong players on the bench waiting to get on for their country!

Ends the game, man of the match, a full house of try, conversion, penalty kick and drop goal and just outstanding throughout, and all having not played internatioal rugby for over 2 years and only having 40 mins for Newcastle before this match, the guy is unbelievable!

you could see the Scots start to droop when he started to bang them over

wonderful!!

Obviously looking a bit more closely than the rest of us.

you could see the Scots start to droop when he started to bang them over

wonderful!!

Obviously looking a bit more closely than the rest of us.

:o

Great result - beating the Jocks was just the tonic. Had Scotland won, I could have expected a day of endless bollocks from gloating Scotsmen...but instead I just sat at work with a rather self-satisfied grin on my face whenever anyone mentioned the rugby. Not a great fan of rugby, but this is about national pride. :unsure:

Is rugby good for the time being now cricket is officially shite again?

Rugby AND cricket are shite now. ;) NZ needing around 10 runs an over from the last 6 overs to beat England btw.

Rugby's ok I reckon (internationals anyway). Quite enjoyed the England match on Saturday (didn't watch it properly though tbh). Creecket is class though :lol: