Smallest team in the premiership

Chaser

Can any other team have a smaller team than ours? Looking on the official site, the majority of our first team players are between 5'7 and 5'9 tall. Apparently we looked shaky on corners with the height of Fulhams players (Knight, John etc)

Edited by robchester

I have been saying for a while that our team are too short. Last season we looked like midgets alongside Arsenal and Bolton and without Shearer the only reasonably tall players we have are Shola (who isn't very good in the air) and Bramble. Incidentally I think Spurs have also found this a problem this season and this is why they were so keen to sign Mido.

Do you think a front pair of Owen and Martins (assuming Owen is fit to play again) with N'Zogbia, Parker, Emre and Dyer/Duff are going to win much in the air or have enough strength to get past decent Defenders?

Do you think a front pair of Owen and Martins (assuming Owen is fit to play again) with N'Zogbia, Parker, Emre and Dyer/Duff are going to win much in the air or have enough strength to get past decent Defenders?

If you've got a midfield and attack with that much talent then you shouldn't be playing it in the air.

What we need is 2 dominating CB's.

I have been saying for a while that our team are too short. Last season we looked like midgets alongside Arsenal and Bolton and without Shearer the only reasonably tall players we have are Shola (who isn't very good in the air) and Bramble. Incidentally I think Spurs have also found this a problem this season and this is why they were so keen to sign Mido.

I don't think Wor Al is that tall anyway. :nono:

Some player he was though. :aye:

Edited by Wor Al

This has been our problem this season... i dun understand why despite zero target man up front, we still keep pumping long balls up... look at Martins for instance.. he is a player that has to have the ball on his feet.. We should attack or counter attack thru the center, and not pumping long balls and hope Martins to head or thru the wings....

I think Shearer is 6' or 6'1"

6 foot exactlyI think. Neither tall or short - probably the perfect height for a striker.

you always hear people saying they're amazed at how relatively small Shearer is, as they see him win all the headers and expect a massive fucker, then see a bloke "only" 6'.

It's all about timing and technique, hence why Owen is a better header of the ball and better at winning headers than Shola ever will be.

Les Ferdinand is only 5'11" ffs, that's just stupid to think of. The most immense header of a ball I've ever seen, the way he used to climb and just hang there until he'd planted it in the corner had to be seen to be believed.

If you've got a midfield and attack with that much talent then you shouldn't be playing it in the air.

Aye like Huth! We should have gone for him straight away, he dont take any shit of any fowards. Look at the way he handled Wor Al! But no we stick with faggot boy Tight Arse!

Aye like Huth! We should have gone for him straight away, he dont take any shit of any fowards. Look at the way he handled Wor Al! But no we stick with faggot boy Tight Arse!

The way Chopra caused him problems last season made me worry about Huth. Campbell however would have been just the ticket, perhaps with Huth. Huth on his own might not have solved the problem.

It was like this when we played the 5-a-side at Eldon Leisure, but me and peasepud adapted our game to the fact that we had SLP and Papa Laz in the team.

The two best players the world has even seen, Maradona and Pele, were both small. I rest my case.

It was like this when we played the 5-a-side at Eldon Leisure, but me and peasepud adapted our game to the fact that we had SLP and Papa Laz in the team.

The two best players the world has even seen, Maradona and Pele, were both small. I rest my case.

They'd have made a shit centre-back partnership though B)

Corbett and Corbett tbh. B)

Corbett and Corbett tbh. B)

:lol:

Les Ferdinand is only 5'11" ffs, that's just stupid to think of. The most immense header of a ball I've ever seen, the way he used to climb and just hang there until he'd planted it in the corner had to be seen to be believed.

Blimey i thought he was at least 6ft 2