Forum Upgrade

Hugh

Dear All,

As many will have noticed there has been a small bit of downtime. We took the decision last night to pull the forum due to a number of serious security risks being identified.

We apologise for the lack of warning however at the risk of upsetting a few for a short space of time we decided it was the right thing to do to ensure the preservation of all the submissions and contributions that you, the members, have been making over the last 14months.

It'll take a while for the forum to return to it's full functionality + look & feel but we felt that the downtime should be kept to a minimum at the cost of looks.

So here we are, back and better than ever!

Enjoy!

Best regards,

The Crew :nono:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toplass-101

fabulous thanks Hugh

oh and I dont think any of the girls will complain about your down time :nono:

Edited by Toplass-101

As you can probably all tell, some of the added functionality which we implemented over the time we've been running is currently not available (arcade/certain graphics/browser identification/stats/etc.)

Rest assured these will return in due course. Am off out this afternoon but will try to get things moving later on. I think Gol will be working on restoring the banner etc later too.

Never mind you're off out, Hayton. It's probably your fault that it broke in the first place. I'm afraid you're gonna have to disappoint the wife and kids and crack on with this this afternoon.

:nono:

Emmm I can most assuredly say without conviction that it werent the uber-geeks fault this time

Never mind you're off out, Hayton. It's probably your fault that it broke in the first place. I'm afraid you're gonna have to disappoint the wife and kids and crack on with this this afternoon.

Emmm I can most assuredly say without conviction that it werent the uber-geeks fault this time

I believe it was the Werepigs fault...

I believe it was the Werepigs fault...

I believe that statement wouldnt stand up in a court of law your honour, if I hadnt been doing what Iw as doing then the security issues would never have been spotted so there!!........ :aye:

Familiar skin has been re-instated. Couple of tweaks required but they'll be completed over time.

We have got some coding issues though, the drop menus on forum, thread & profile view don't seem to be working - we're aware of these issues and are working on them. If anyone running IE had noticed a yellow exclamation mark on the browser info bar at the bottom left of the screen, it's because of this issue. Once rectified, this should simply return to an IE icon.

In the meantime, if anyone notices anything that isn't working quite right, let us know in this thread and we'll look into it! :nono:

Just like to add to what others have said and thank the admin with supplying us with what I regard as the best Newcastle forum on the net (in terms of both functionaility and members). And best of all, it's free! :nono:

I can't get on from my usual route ??? sorry to be a downer :puke:

Do you take your car to the garage and say "doesn't work", then just leave them to fix it? :nono:

What's your usual route?

clever twat :aye: have the shortcut on me desk top and am still getting the "maintenance scenario" lucklily spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about (PP) and he pointed me in the right direction :puke: