Would you sign and play for

Jusoda Kid

IMO the Toon at the moment has to be one of the least attractive propositions in Football. A manager who has no man management skills, no tactical skills and a massive attitude problem, then to top this all off a Chairman who's got lies he hasn't broken into.

No european football.

IMO the Toon at the moment has to be one of the least attractive propositions in Football. A manager who has no man management skills, no tactical skills and a massive attitude problem, then to top this all off a Chairman who's got lies he hasn't broken into.

No european football.

15593[/snapback]

If I was a player who wanted to make a fast buck putting in very little effort, yes.

If I was a player with ambition, no.

If I was a rich man, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-naaa.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

No european football.

15593[/snapback]

I dunno, you have your chance now......

help.jpg

Who would want to play for a lying, bullying manager who has little or no knowledge of the modern game.

The fat controller would not bother me providing the manager was the interface and did his job well.

15596[/snapback]

True, Shepherd is a tit but players don't really give a toss who their chairman is as long as they are happy with the club/manager/wages.

Who would want to play for a lying, bullying manager who has little or no knowledge of the modern game.

The fat controller would not bother me providing the manager was the interface and did his job well.

15596[/snapback]

Shepherd is a problem, but it's Souness who's the real problem.

Don't get me wrong, Shepherd is an embarassing prick with a big mouth, but when has Shepherd been a problem? When we've had shit managers. Dalglish, Gullit, Souness. When we had Robson, he wasn't really too much of a problem until towards the end. Players were signing for us and while he did make silly comments, they were very much in the background, because we were doing well.

The only reason people (myself included) are as angry with him and his antics as they are is because the team is playing badly and the manager is shite.

Given the choice of whether to get rid of Shepherd, I'd get rid, but we've done alright with him there when Robson was in charge, and if we had a decent manager who players wanted to play for and the team was playing well, people would put up with him. The biggest problem is Souness.

If I was a good player, I would sign, but only because I am a Newcastle United fan.

Otherwise the answer is an emphatic no. I would hate to play for that clueless, bullying scottish prick. And the sight of Shepherd now makes me physically sick.

No european football.

15593[/snapback]

have to say, no I wouldn't play for souness.

It comes down to how well the team would be playing at that time really ... Would sign for Souness if he's managing a team thats doing well. Plus that european factor is a big one too for players now ...

The only way the majority of players can stay at a football club for years is through having respect for the managers. For example Arsenal had brought in Veira, Henry, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Gilberto etc from abroad and these guys actually stay at the club. The reason is they have such a great and respectable manager. We want Newcastle to have a bunch of players who'd be long-term members and heroes of the club, not people who'd come and then leave a year or two later because they had an argument with their manager or don't want to play for a failing team.

As a player I would not sign for Souness, and as a manager i would not want to work under Shepherd (horrible image  :blink: )

15666[/snapback]

I'd fecking LOVE to be manager of the toon, love it love it

As much as I dislike Graeme Souness I don't think he is putting off players, at least not European players. Most of them simplay won't know about his reputation. And I also don't think that Fat Fred does have much of an impact on players unless he doesn't behave like a total idiot during negotiations (well thinking about it again...).