bramble

Dr Gloom

We seem to have an irrational fear of losing players on frees. Bramble is the perfect example of the Bosman ruling coming in handy. His time at the club has run its course. He is not good enough. The expiry of Moore and Bramble's deals should give a perfect opportunity to bring in the required quality, or anything remotely like it.

I'm completely mystified by our failure to sign any real defenders during the transfer window.

Campbell - available on a free

Woodie - available on loan

Even Glen Johnson would have been worth loaning imo. He's not great but he has recovery pace and is OK on the ball, that puts him ahead of Carr already. GR would have familiar with him from his days at West Ham too.

If we missed out on Bridge due to the timing, fair enough, no excuse for the other 3 though.

It can't be said it was due to a lack of funds because we out bid Boro for Huth on the last day only for him to turn us down. Why didn't we sign him before if GR was so keen on him? I can only think it was intervention from the Board, thinking they could get him cheaper by waiting it out then panicking and having to offer more! What a shambles. Chickens coming home to roost now it seems. Really strange goings on actually, just no coherent policy or plan for who needed and who we targeted. We only got Duff because Chelsea offered him to us directly.

No team can expect to progress in the league if they have no confidence in the defence. Basic stuff.

One things for sure, whether people think Bramble is beyond redemption or not, he'd have been a damn sight better with Woody and/or Campbell alongside him (as would Taylor) as both are just the right player to bring the best out of Bramble/Taylor.

One things for sure, whether people think Bramble is beyond redemption or not, he'd have been a damn sight better with Woody and/or Campbell alongside him (as would Taylor) as both are just the right player to bring the best out of Bramble/Taylor.

I fear for Taylor. Whilst he is not at the standard many would like you to believe he does have the attributes to be a decent player. However the longer he continues to play with the rest of the clowns we have here at Newcastle I see no way his game is ever going to progress.

I fear for Taylor. Whilst he is not at the standard many would like you to believe he does have the attributes to be a decent player. However the longer he continues to play with the rest of the clowns we have here at Newcastle I see no way his game is ever going to progress.

He wasn't perfect last season, far from it, but his first few performances this year seem to suggest he's gone backwards, and quite far backwards too. Hope I'm wrong.

Trouble is, if Bramble and Moore don't get new contracts then we need to sign 3 centre-halves between now and next season. Or a forward, a centre-half and left-winger B)

It was a classic Bramble performance on Saturday, I said to my mate beside me after 20 minutes - "look at Bramble, he is wandering all over the place like he is in a daze - he is definetely going to have one of those days" - and unfortunatley I was right.

The guy has the physical attributes but none of the mental attributes needed to be a top class defender.

Edited by Slugsy

The goals we conceded at the weekend were schoolboy tbh, shocking!

Shay Given said it was worse than a Sunday league team. ;)

We need to sell Bramble and possibly Moore and get two commanding defenders who'll fit in quickly. None of that foriegn crap though (we would need ones with Prem expierence)

John Terry will do. :blush: