A right to success.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

To any non NUFC fans out there. We do not believe we have a right to success because we are a big club. I have never met a NUFC fan espousing that theory. We do however have a right to a team full of talent really giving success a good go. Why do we expect this. Because we spend so much money on the bloody product that's why. We pump money into NUFC. Not FFS not Sir John Hall and not the PLC. They all take cash out of it. It's our club we paid for it we put more money in than most bloody clubs and we deserve some bloody reward.

Nothing to do with history the size of the club or anything just our own blood sweat and tears.

Lets be honest - we are not a big club.

the potential is there but were no there yet.

A view/question that many fans argue about. Were Wimbledon "big" when they won the FA Cup ?

My view is that we are a big club, but not as successful as we should be. But many other clubs say the same.

Sadly, I think any chance we ever had of becoming as successful as we could be, went when the plans for the new stadium of 60-70,000 + [or whatever the limit for expansion would take it] were scrapped.

Lets be honest - we are not a big club.

the potential is there but were no there yet.

A view/question that many fans argue about. Were Wimbledon "big" when they won the FA Cup ?

My view is that we are a big club, but not as successful as we should be. But many other clubs say the same.

Sadly, I think any chance we ever had of becoming as successful as we could be, went when the plans for the new stadium of 60-70,000 + [or whatever the limit for expansion would take it] were scrapped.

Is that your new 'Get out of jail card' concerning Shepherd?

No - wimbledon wernt a big club.

Our season ticket sales, the stadium capacity, the players we can attract etc etc is just potential.

we havnt jumped that final hurdle in terms of winning trophies.

when i think of a big club i think of man utd (who have a global reach, regularly compete for each trophy etc etc) or chelsea (who thanks to mr abramovitch can buy a world class manager, a world class team and world class facilities and can then win trophies).

We are a big club in the little pond that is the north east i'll agree to that.

i think were still a sleeping giant tbh.

To any non NUFC fans out there. We do not believe we have a right to success because we are a big club. I have never met a NUFC fan espousing that theory. We do however have a right to a team full of talent really giving success a good go. Why do we expect this. Because we spend so much money on the bloody product that's why. We pump money into NUFC. Not FFS not Sir John Hall and not the PLC. They all take cash out of it. It's our club we paid for it we put more money in than most bloody clubs and we deserve some bloody reward.

Nothing to do with history the size of the club or anything just our own blood sweat and tears.

did you fuck

Sky, executive revenue and the banks paid for it

ST money barely pays for the players each year

did you fuck

Moron alert. And who pays for sky. It's not just ST tickets its all the sundries. If we stopped going would they survive?

did you fuck

Moron alert. And who pays for sky. It's not just ST tickets its all the sundries. If we stopped going would they survive?

I don't remember the section on my subscription form asking me which club my money was to go to ;)

"If we stopped going would they survive?" - if all the banks/shareholders/executives pulled out would we survive?

did you fuck

I don't remember the section on my subscription form asking me which club my money was to go to ;)

"If we stopped going would they survive?" - if all the banks/shareholders/executives pulled out would we survive?

Ever heard of PPV?

Of course the fans, or should I say customers, provide the club's revenues, whether it be by buying tickets, Sky subscriptions (which then Sky pays back to Newcastle after skimming a profit), or merchandise.

I'm gutted at what a mess Shepherd is making of things at the minute. There is absolutely nothing to be positive about at NUFC. ;) Even when you look to players like N'Zogbia and try to be positive about having one for the future, there's a nagging feeling that we'll either lose him to another club, or keep him and turn him to shit. We really have reached the all-time low of Shepherd's stewardship. Everything he's done has been building to this and we'll be lurching from one all-time low to another until this bloke finally goes.

LM, don't reply because I'm not interested in hearing the McKeag shit. This club earns so much revenue and has so much potential for success and we are being run by a fucking cowboy and squandering it.

did you fuck

Ever heard of PPV?

Of course the fans, or should I say customers, provide the club's revenues, whether it be by buying tickets, Sky subscriptions (which then Sky pays back to Newcastle after skimming a profit), or merchandise.

I'm a Toon fan and a Sky subscriber. No way do I attribute my subscription as a funding of NUFC.

Can you honestly say every fan gets £600 worth of merchandise every year? Rubbish

I'm a Toon fan and a Sky subscriber. No way do I attribute my subscription as a funding of NUFC.

Can you honestly say every fan gets £600 worth of merchandise every year? Rubbish

Where did you make that figure up from? What's your point if you actually have one?

What is so hard to understand about where the money to support football clubs and their employees come from, be it players, agents, directors or program sellers? It all comes down to the fans. Where else?

Lets not confuse the term "Big" with "Successful".

That's exactly what I wanted to mention !

BIg is not cuccessful :icon_lol:

Well, NUFC is not successful but I think they are as big as possible in the moment <_<

look at all the fans around the world... even me

I could be a Bremen fan or a Bayern fan

Big clubs from germany well known all over the world...

But I do not know not a few clubs having so big fans like the toon :lol:

Edited by Tyne_Bridge

Where did you make that figure up from? What's your point if you actually have one?

What is so hard to understand about where the money to support football clubs and their employees come from, be it players, agents, directors or program sellers? It all comes down to the fans. Where else?

The bank loans, the stock market investors, the corporate customers, the Sky Premier league collective contract.

Try and read the whole thread and you might understand

The £600 is to counter your point about merchandising. If every ST holder paying on average £600 a season doesn't cover the transfers and player wages, how does an extra few quid on shirts and pies make a difference? Not to mention as you point out all the other costs in the club.

The bank loans, the stock market investors, the corporate customers, the Sky Premier league collective contract.

The £600 is to counter your point about merchandising. If every ST holder paying on average £600 a season doesn't cover the transfers and player wages, how does an extra few quid on shirts and pies make a difference? Not to mention as you point out all the other costs in the club.

The bank loans? Wtf are you on about? They are what they are - loans - to be paid back by profits paid for by paying fans.

Stock market investors buy a stake in the club and are then paid back in dividends, again from money made from the fans.

Sky collect their money from all fans, a sizable minority of which are Newcastle fans, who are primarily paying to watch their club.

Corporate customers could also be described as rich fans paying for entertainment. Most of them will have at least some support for the club though.

I still haven't got a clue what you are on about with your £600 mechandise figure, perhaps someone can enlighten me.

The bottom line is that it is the fans that provide the income that keeps the club running, not some generous gifts from the city, the bank, or Sky TV. I doubt even LM would deny this. :lol:

The bank loans? Wtf are you on about? They are what they are - loans - to be paid back by profits paid for by paying fans.

Stock market investors buy a stake in the club and are then paid back in dividends, again from money made from the fans.

Sky collect their money from all fans, a sizable minority of which are Newcastle fans, who are primarily paying to watch their club.

Corporate customers could also be described as rich fans paying for entertainment. Most of them will have at least some support for the club though.

I still haven't got a clue what you are on about with your £600 mechandise figure, perhaps someone can enlighten me.

The bottom line is that it is the fans that provide the income that keeps the club running, not some generous gifts from the city, the bank, or Sky TV. I doubt even LM would deny this. :lol:

You are confusing the money paid directly by fans and the money generated by the club as a financial entity

My money as a consumer keeps many organisations solvent, I sure as hell can't claim ownership of them

I reiterate, ST receipts (£600 per fan per year) don't even cover tranfers fees and wages

Bank loans are secured against the stadium, and are repaid over decades, sometimes even outlasting the original regime. Investors are not fans. Dividends have been paid at the expense of fans, actually causing a loss not a profit. Sky are not fans. Sponsors are not fans. Corporate customers are not fans.

You are confusing the money paid directly by fans and the money generated by the club as a financial entity

My money as a consumer keeps many organisations solvent, I sure as hell can't claim ownership of them

I reiterate, ST receipts (£600 per fan per year) don't even cover tranfers fees and wages

Bank loans are secured against the stadium, and are repaid over decades, sometimes even outlasting the original regime. Investors are not fans. Dividends have been paid at the expense of fans, actually causing a loss not a profit. Sky are not fans. Sponsors are not fans. Corporate customers are not fans.

Well that made a lot more sense, but then I never claimed the fans had ownership of the club. They are what makes the club though, and without their money the club would obviously cease to exist.

Also, whilst the ST receipts do not fully cover transfers or wages, they account for the single biggest income of the club, do they not? And in fact what should give us an advantage over smaller clubs.

Well that made a lot more sense, but then I never claimed the fans had ownership of the club. They are what makes the club though, and without their money the club would obviously cease to exist.

Also, whilst the ST receipts do not fully cover transfers or wages, they account for the single biggest income of the club, do they not? And in fact what should give us an advantage over smaller clubs.

Also without a good fanbase how many sponsor ship deals and investment bankers would be knocking at the door. They only do so to make money. Who from. The fans.