Missing fans

Jonny_nufc

The attendances at football these days is dropping rapidly, evidently yesterday at ewood, st.andrews etc. I can understand why, no atmosphere......fucking prima-dona players, over priced total rip-off.... my question is, is it worth the money?

Birmingham are 4000 season tickets down on last year,fans know when when clubs are taking the piss.

Sunderland only had 34,000 last week when the ground holds 48,000, and the same with man city, they were 6,000 down last week against west brom.

alot of people just cannot be arsed anymore, especially when you can watch it in the pub.

and lets face it, probably half the games we go to are shite!

apart form 1 or 2 matches there is no atmosphere any more, whether this is down to the new breed of fans, or the terracing being taken away, it`s crap.

did anyone see the prices in the papers last week of season tickets throughout europe compared to english clubs.

think the dearest was barca which was £125.

ac milan was only £85.

ajax was something like £115.

it showed how much english football fans are being ripped off.

some inquiry in now being set up to investigate the cost of going to football in the english premiership.

Crowd at St James only 700 from capacity and West Ham only took 2,000 of an allocation of 3,000. For the shit thats going on and the prices think ours was an amazing crowd. Lots of lads are picking and choosing games. Can watch most games on foreign channel so most using mooney for beer.

Will you always go to the games irrelevant of how much you are being wripped off? or will their be a time when you say enough is enough?

I guess a lot of people are still away on their holidays and the like, but the amount of guys i know who have been going to games for donkeys years and are seriously thinking about jacking it in is worrying  :razz:

15663[/snapback]

:nufc: Loads of people who sit around me haven't renewed. I thought a few of them might be shifting, but I bumped into a few of the lads in the pub recently and they said they weren't bothering at all this season. They've been going to the match longer than I've been alive. :blink:

I think i would have renewed if my circumstances would have dictated so, but because of work commitments it means i can no longer guarantee availability on a weekend. With FF freezing the price of ST this season its not going to bite any further into the pocket, but if we have a poor season (as bad as or worse than last year) then i think people will vote with their feet.

It would be interesting to see if any of those leaving the prem grounds were going instead to lower league or (fantasy thought) visiting non league grounds to see lads playing for the love of the game. The star striker at xxxxx albany league team probably turns up for training in a soft top R reg Megane rather than a brand spanking hummer or Ferrari.

This will probably be my last season as a season ticket holder.

16130[/snapback]

If this is like last season, I think there will be a hell of a lot of people like yourself. And it's difficult to blame people given the expense, state of the club etc.

A fair few newbies round but also the same ugly mugs. I tell you what I did notice far more than any other season, women. Lots and lots of women. Couples mostly, lasses coming with their fellas. This is an observation by the way, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. In fact, the guy next to me was new and informed me his daughter would be sitting next to me this sesason. If she's fit, it might just make going to the match less of a punishment.

did anyone see the prices in the papers last week of season tickets throughout europe compared to english clubs.

think the dearest was barca which was £125.

ac milan was only £85.

ajax was something like £115.

it showed how much english football fans are being ripped off.

some inquiry in now being set up to investigate the cost of going to football in the english premiership.

barca season tickets start at 152 euros going up to 616 but you also have to be a member which adds 137 euros. not too bad i guess.

ticket for individual matches are about the same price as here though.

I am very tempted to ring up the ticket office and offer them £150 for one of the remaining season tickets. Think it's a good idea?

16470[/snapback]

Yes, tell them thats your final valuation of the ticket, that its a good and fair offer and that you won't increase it a penny, then tell them you'll throw Hugo Viana in as a makeweight!

I am very tempted to ring up the ticket office and offer them £150 for one of the remaining season tickets. Think it's a good idea?

16470[/snapback]

Yes, tell them thats your final valuation of the ticket, that its a good and fair offer and that you won't increase it a penny, then tell them you'll throw Hugo Viana in as a makeweight!

16474[/snapback]

If they still refuse i'll explain I will not be held to ransom!

16470[/snapback]

16474[/snapback]

If they still refuse i'll explain I will not be held to ransom!

16475[/snapback]

:blink:

Like it