Team v Levadia Tallinn (a)

TOPTOON

After the last two matches, I can't believe how negative some folk are responding to this match, ok it wasn't pleasing to the eye, but it was a hard worked European away win and a clean sheet.

After the none-effort against Villa, and the capitulation against Fulham, this is a step in the right direction, but even so, this isn't good enough for some it seems.

Well, I'd like to take the positives from the game as well, unfortunately I can't see too many, except that we beet some half-amateur team in an early stage of the UEFA-Cup. For me, it was just another lucklustre performance, while a more stylish display against a European minnow would have been a desperately needed conference boost. We did again create too few clear cut chances. Martins still looks out of depth. I don't see how Patronisekles see how he is proven right about Emre. I agree that Emre was one of the better and really showed some effort, but he still failed to feed the strikers with decent balls and orchestrate our attacking game. Unfortunately that should be his job as central attacking minded midfielder. We only look threatening when N'Zogbia is on the ball. In defence we looked very shaky a couple of times and a better team (like the ones you normally meet in the PL) would have punished it. Playing Duff at left back and moving Ramage to central defence shows that we are already to our bare bones in defence.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making out that it was a catastrophe. It was exactly what I expected - a shit match where we just about did enough to keep our heads above water. I still think we looked disjointed though. Like I say, the positives are the workout for Martins and Sibierski, and the fact that we'll finish the game at SJP.

The BIG negative to come out of all of this was the fact that I got home to find my ticket for the second leg on the doorstep. :lol:

That'll presumably be because you bought it though? Which is your look out.

Direct debit scheme. PROPER fan here man. :icon_lol:

I'm not making out that it was a catastrophe. It was exactly what I expected - a shit match where we just about did enough to keep our heads above water. I still think we looked disjointed though. Like I say, the positives are the workout for Martins and Sibierski, and the fact that we'll finish the game at SJP.

The BIG negative to come out of all of this was the fact that I got home to find my ticket for the second leg on the doorstep. :lol:

That'll presumably be because you bought it though? Which is your look out.

Direct debit scheme. PROPER fan here man. :icon_lol:

Nahh. I queue up overnight outside the ground for tickets for friendlies against local teams.

Now that's a proper fan, none of this corporate direct debit bullshit!

<_<

Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Brom

Saturday Apr 22 2006 03:00

The relegation trapdoor is all but open for West Brom while Newcastle are banging on the UEFA Cup door.

Bryan Robson's lacklustre side were never in the hunt as they were swept aside by a Newcastle outfit that has now won six games in a row.

United moved level on points with sixth-placed Blackburn and have rattled in 10 goals in the last seven days, as caretaker boss Glenn Roeder has surely moved another step nearer towards getting the job full-time.

The relegation trapdoor is all but open for West Brom while Newcastle are banging on the UEFA Cup door.

Bryan Robson's lacklustre side were never in the hunt as they were swept aside by a Newcastle outfit that has now won six games in a row.

United moved level on points with sixth-placed Blackburn and have rattled in 10 goals in the last seven days, as caretaker boss Glenn Roeder has surely moved another step nearer towards getting the job full-time.

More than 3 goals though?

More than 3 goals though?

Olympiakos (4-0) the season before last.

Guest Patrokles

After the last two matches, I can't believe how negative some folk are responding to this match, ok it wasn't pleasing to the eye, but it was a hard worked European away win and a clean sheet.

After the none-effort against Villa, and the capitulation against Fulham, this is a step in the right direction, but even so, this isn't good enough for some it seems.

Well, I'd like to take the positives from the game as well, unfortunately I can't see too many, except that we beet some half-amateur team in an early stage of the UEFA-Cup. For me, it was just another lucklustre performance, while a more stylish display against a European minnow would have been a desperately needed conference boost. We did again create too few clear cut chances. Martins still looks out of depth. I don't see how Patronisekles see how he is proven right about Emre. I agree that Emre was one of the better and really showed some effort, but he still failed to feed the strikers with decent balls and orchestrate our attacking game. Unfortunately that should be his job as central attacking minded midfielder. We only look threatening when N'Zogbia is on the ball. In defence we looked very shaky a couple of times and a better team (like the ones you normally meet in the PL) would have punished it. Playing Duff at left back and moving Ramage to central defence shows that we are already to our bare bones in defence.

Hey, guess what? Emre isn't our central attacking midfielder. There's a reason you may occasional feel patronised, but it's truly not my fault or intention.

Hey, guess what? Emre isn't our central attacking midfielder. There's a reason you may occasional feel patronised, but it's truly not my fault or intention.

Of our two central midfielder, Emre is the more attacking minded one and more the one who is a playmaker. He should create far more than he is doing currently.

Edited by Isegrim

Positives for me - Milner telling that player that twated him to **** off

Sib`s Goal, he looked more hungry for the win than the rest.

Emre played the best i`ve seen him in a while.

Martins was fast

Negatives - Emre getting pissed off with being the holding midfielder, moaning to the bench

3 really bad passes straight to opposition nearly led to goals if the away team had any skill

Martins looked de-jected the longer he went without a goal

Pretty poor on the whole but I suppose we weren't really trying. Can't say it fills me with optimism like. Thought it might be the opportunity to put on a morale boosting performance, kick start the season by giving someone a thrashing.

It was quite a depressing performance but a satisfactory result.

How bad is Titus Bramble? :lol: That was a pub team and they were getting in behind him constantly. Then Joe Royle kept saying how amazing he was as yet another one legged muppet cruised past him into space :icon_lol:

This could be a long season indeed. West Ham and Liverpool away back to back? Could be bottom three soon.....

It was quite a depressing performance but a satisfactory result.

How bad is Titus Bramble? :lol: That was a pub team and they were getting in behind him constantly. Then Joe Royle kept saying how amazing he was as yet another one legged muppet cruised past him into space :icon_lol:

This could be a long season indeed. West Ham and Liverpool away back to back? Could be bottom three soon.....

the penny has finnaly dropped;

"Titus has tweaked his ankle and his knee in the same incident and, although it's not serious in terms of him being out for three or four weeks, he is touch and go for the weekend," said the United boss, who will hope that Steven Taylor can shake off a foot problem. "I expect Titus to be fully fit soon and I'm not overly concerned. It was a precaution bringing him off.

"But we have not got a lot of cover in the central defensive positions."

you are joking glen?