Nicky Butt

Jackies the Lad

Always thought it was odd how Butt has played well for everyone bar the Fumaca of football management.

Who STILL thinks he managed Andy Cole correctly. Oh well...ho hum, the guillotine is imminent

Lua Lua & Robert were mentioned all the time on the radio

LIVERPOOL are looking at Solano

Ever thought we got rid of the wrong people..............

Lua Lua and Solano made the grave error of being loyal to a country that wasn't England. Yet Robson was apparently willing to take on responsibilities with the FA whilst Newcastle manager because you just don't say know when your country comes calling...

yes solano has been a big loss.

cried no tears over any of the others.

from the highlights i saw of the pompi game the wide mouthed frog was strolling around the pitch, like he was on a hiking trip to buy ice cream........the manager even had a go at him in the interview!!

we got the best end of the bargain, wake up and realise it.

Yep, I remember that. The start of the 2000-1 season when Robson said he'd do the England job part-time meaning he'd be away from the Newcastle squad at times, and Freddy had to tell him to naff off. Yet Lua-Lua, Solano & even Acuna got punished for wanting the same thing.

yes solano has been a big loss.

cried no tears over any of the others.

from the highlights i saw of the pompi game the wide mouthed frog was strolling around the pitch, like he was on a hiking trip to buy ice cream........the manager even had a go at him in the interview!!

we got the best end of the bargain, wake up and realise it.

15792[/snapback]

He scored though didn't he? Would have got us 3 points on Saturday.

*Goes to make sure*

Look who scored on his debut at the weekend for Birmingham. Never mind though, Andy Cole got the last laugh. :blink:

15760[/snapback]

In fairness he wasn't doing it under Robson after that Boro match, that may have been down to injury problems though. I feel we have been a little hasty to jump on players backs over injuries recently.

Did anyone watch the whole match, did Butt put in a good 90 minutes?

Can't be proven either way, but I'm pretty sure we would have won yesterday with a wide man and free kick taker par excellence like Robert. But hey, we're much better off without the lazy French tw@t, aren't we?

I'm 100% sure we would have won if Bellamy and Robert had played. But of course as you say we are better off with 4.5 m quid to replace them with aren't we ....

Can't be proven either way, but I'm pretty sure we would have won yesterday with a wide man and free kick taker par excellence like Robert. But hey, we're much better off without the lazy French tw@t, aren't we?

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15843[/snapback]

No, 1-0, probably converting the Jenas free kick.

Anyway Gemmill, I was meaning to ask you this, I hope you're happy with yourself after Saturday's dismal performance. You must feel really proud.

:blink:

Playing Devil's dick advocatt for a moment, it is also possible that if we'd played Robert then we might have been caught out by him standing upfield or giving the ball away in a stupid position. Sorry lads, but I fucking hate whatifs.

Lua Lua & Robert were mentioned all the time on the radio

LIVERPOOL are looking at Solano

Ever thought we got rid of the wrong people..............

15789[/snapback]

I still cant bear to see Nobby playing in other colours, im actually still mad about him going :razz: Whilst on the subject, i didnt want speedo to go when he did either, i know i should let it go, but im still gutted about it :blink:

And dont get me started on Bellars....... :nufc::nufc:

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15843[/snapback]

Anyway Gemmill, I was meaning to ask you this, I hope you're happy with yourself after Saturday's dismal performance. You must feel really proud.

15879[/snapback]

Yes I really enjoyed it thanks. I already feel like I've got my money's worth from my season ticket this year. :razz:

As for converting the Jenas free kick, it's not like he was odds-on to score every time we got one. It's far more likely that it would have hit some poor bugger in Row P.

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15843[/snapback]

15879[/snapback]

Yes I really enjoyed it thanks. I already feel like I've got my money's worth from my season ticket this year. :razz:

As for converting the Jenas free kick, it's not like he was odds-on to score every time we got one. It's far more likely that it would have hit some poor bugger in Row P.

15910[/snapback]

Problem is we've got no-one to take them now. I'd be surprised if we score from a single free kick this year, which is a problem when you are desperate for goals.

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15843[/snapback]

15879[/snapback]

15910[/snapback]

Problem is we've got no-one to take them now. I'd be surprised if we score from a single free kick this year, which is a problem when you are desperate for goals.

15978[/snapback]

Emre looks very dangerous from a freekick!

15835[/snapback]

Aye 10-Nil. Easy.

15843[/snapback]

15879[/snapback]

15910[/snapback]

15978[/snapback]

Emre looks very dangerous from a freekick!

16043[/snapback]

What exactly are you basing that on, the match against Deportivo only?

I doubt he will be as effective as Robert in any case, and he needs to get fit, and more importantly, stay fit.

If we'd played West Ham with any two of Robert, Bellamy and Kluivert we would have won, plain and simple and i don't give a flying fuck if anyone says i can't know that!

They were a first division team with 11 and then 10 men had a defence that seemed to be lacking in conentration at times and were there for the taking if we had any players capable of scoring or creating a goal.

People (predictably) are saying Robert "only" scored past the might of West Brom, well they are if anything a year ahead of West Ham so he was doing allright compared with all of our hotshots against the Hammers.

Face facts, he was far from perfect and as people love to mention the top teams didn't want him, but when you have a team managed by a tactical imbecile with little of no creativity and goals you are better off with Robert.

If we'd played West Ham with any two of Robert, Bellamy and Kluivert we would have won, plain and simple and i don't give a flying fuck if anyone says i can't know that!

I'd love to know the stats for our record when two of those three were in the side compared to when they weren't...give me 30 mins on www.nufc.com and I'll come back with the answer.

And here are those stats.

Newcastle's results when two of Bellamy, Robert & Kluivert played

P 29, W 17, D 6, L 6.

Newcastle's results with one or none of Bellamy, Robert & Kluivert

P 28, W 8, D 10, L 10.

Baring in mind two of those 8 wins came against Coventry & Southampton, the Heerenveen away one coincided with Robert coming on, and in 3 of the other 5 wins either Robert or Kluivert scored, then it doesn't justify their sales IMO.