Muslims

LeazesMag

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, sorry again for losing it a bit. I went over the top because I'd explained a complex issue in a couple of paragraphs when, as I said, it really needed a book (single words to encompass entire religions ffs!). I then felt that what you were picking at wasn't "de big oideas", but more inane things. For example "battle" is not the most outrageous metaphor in a thread about muslims, wrapping up a paragraph discussing the potential dominance of Catholicism over the other religions. Given that you're one of the few people on here who follows me when I go off on one, when you decided to highlight that I felt you were fighting the argument on all fronts, as opposed to giving it a fair whack.

You do come across like you have a real issue with organised religion (as I do too) and are maybe more unwilling than usual to give this an objective once over. I don't expect or even want to change anyone's mind, but you wanted to know why I had this view and I put it as succinctly as I possibly could without spending too much time on it, I'm quite happy for it to be taken apart, just not at that level.

You're most likely right about your faith in humanity, I would be hard pressed to find anyone with less faith than me.

Have found this thread pretty fascinating and enjoyable tbh. Not what Leazes intended like :good:

:lol:

mystic man eh

Anyway, now that this man may be dead, thats one less

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1234892,00.html

Mind I'd be curious to know if any do gooders would have minded him living in your street if he turned up at Dover, claiming dole and bringing typhoid into the country with him - like some NHS workers I read about who are refusing to wash their hands in alcohol swabs because it's against their religion - dirty bastards.

Edited by LeazesMag

Not been on this place in quite a while, because I acted like a bit of a retard, but thought I'd check this site out for the first time in a while.

Quite a lot of people here would remember me as a Christian. I try to go to church every week. In general I'm a nice guy, both what I and other people think, and I can say this about probably any Christian I know - and that is quite a large number. I am never hoping to convert anyone and believe in freedom of choice (believe what you believe is right), though I would love it for my friends for example, to become interested in Christianity.

I will stick up for my religion, and religion as a whole if need be, but on the other hand I condemn a lot of the actions of people in religion. I've always wished people from whatever religion would keep their mouth shut a lot and just accept whatever the case may be. It angers me the number of occasions people disgrace Christianity, though part of me wishes I can still defend my religion, but all I can really say is "not all of us are like that". That however is the truth of course, as anyone should know.

Despite problems and inconsistencies with my religion, I try to stay strong in faith, though it's possible to struggle at times. I've always believed in God - up until a couple of years ago though, did I show a lack of real understanding of the religion and God. I relied on the Bible and answering of prayers as my reasoning. In the last couple of years, however, a lot has changed and I've become very confident in my beliefs. This has also changed my life quite a lot for the better. Therefore it is a disgrace really to say religion only brings out hate and misery. To me, that's just looking at what we hear or read about in the news. It's quite easy to state that if we abolished religion, none of the pain and suffering caused from terrorism would happen, but to me and obviously many other people who follow religion, it is something we can't do anything about, and as a result of it, just have to get on with our own religion and not lose faith for a simple reason - we believe it is true. And I do indeed believe it is true - I made up my mind ages ago what my beliefs were, and they were rational - this is baring in mind I have gone to church all my life.

As for the case about never meeting someone who can hold a good explanation as to why they believe in God, I have attempted to do this and from my perspective I've held a rational argument. However, it's easy for the other person to just say they don't call something evidence, which does make it very hard. I can think of lots of cases where I'm sure I have experienced God, or have seen other people experience God. Unfortunately though, I often get told you can't trust witnesses because they often lie to you or even to themselves - even when they wouldn't assume I am lying. I understand what people who say that are saying, and accept in cases they could be right, but simply can't see that being the case every time.