The Crisp Thread

Brock Manson

I do love a bag of crisps, perfect snack food and so moreish. Whether they come in packet, tube or another wacky form they're still potatoey (or reconstituted potatoey) goodness which, tickle your tastebuds.

Many flavours have been devised over the years, and many people like different flavours and brands of crisp.

Crisps are high in carbohydrate, fat and salt. According to one theory, the desire for high carbohydrate foods is purely to elevate mood. This theory is based on the idea that a high carbohydrate meal brings about an increased level of tryptophan (an essential amino acid), which after it enters the brain, is metabolised to serotonin (the hormone which helps aid sleep and relieve anxiety). Some researchers have found that when diaries of food intake and mood are recorded, low carbohydrate intakes are associated with increased anger, depression and tension.

Rough nutritional information

1 small packet of crisps (25g) 143kcal

Ok so down to business....what's your favourite type of crisp?

Chilli doritoes

Texas BBQ Pringles

Prawn Cocktail Walkers (potato heads are alright but don't quite taste as good)

:blink:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever try those Vanilla Monster Munch? Seriously what the hell were they thinking? :blink:

Not really a crisp but Chocolate Snack A Jacks (or whatever they call them) were interesting.

I was gutted they stopped doing those BBQ Simpsons crisps :razz: They were class!

Anyone ever try those Vanilla Monster Munch? Seriously what the hell were they thinking?  :blink:

Not really a crisp but Chocolate Snack A Jacks (or whatever they call them) were interesting.

I was gutted they stopped doing those BBQ Simpsons crisps  :nufc: They were class!

15912[/snapback]

Are those big and round and very low fat?

If thats the ones, they were dry and resembled chewing a stale piece of cardboard :razz: (Well, i imagine thats what cardboard would taste like)!

My son liked them though, but i cant find them now to buy him some :nufc:

Any of them posh Walkers were great - Chili something, Roast Chicken something else. Can't get them over here - the French aren't great at crisps.

And Good old Monster Munch is a classic.

Anyone ever try those Vanilla Monster Munch? Seriously what the hell were they thinking?  :blink:

I was gutted they stopped doing those BBQ Simpsons crisps  :rolleyes: They were class!

15912[/snapback]

Are those big and round and very low fat?

If thats the ones, they were dry and resembled chewing a stale piece of cardboard :razz: (Well, i imagine thats what cardboard would taste like)!

My son liked them though, but i cant find them now to buy him some :nufc:

15914[/snapback]

Those are the ones, I did call them "interesting" as opposed to "nice" :nufc:

I think you can get them in Sainsbury's, at least in my local one you can but not multipacks. Obviously no-one cares for cardboard crisps enough. :protest:

Roast Chicken Highlanders....worst crisps ever. They don't flavour them. :rolleyes:

I know im showing my age here, but anyone remember potato puffs? My corner shop has started selling them!! Had to buy a salt and vinegar and a beef flavour the other day  :protest:

15928[/snapback]

Don't remember them. Must ask me father!! :nufc::nufc: Did they come in paper bags -before the age of plastic? :rolleyes::rolleyes::protest::blink:

Not a great crisp fan. Now and again but not on a regular basis - my body is a temple, after all :razz:

Now, home made chilli peanuts - yum yum and yum again :protest::protest::protest:

I know im showing my age here, but anyone remember potato puffs? My corner shop has started selling them!! Had to buy a salt and vinegar and a beef flavour the other day  :protest:

15928[/snapback]

Don't remember them. Must ask me father!! :nufc::rolleyes: Did they come in paper bags -before the age of plastic? :rolleyes::protest::protest::razz:

Not a great crisp fan. Now and again but not on a regular basis - my body is a temple, after all :nufc:

Now, home made chilli peanuts - yum yum and yum again :protest::protest::protest:

15963[/snapback]

:blink: cheeky!

15928[/snapback]

Don't remember them. Must ask me father!! :nufc::rolleyes: Did they come in paper bags -before the age of plastic? :rolleyes::protest::protest::razz:

Not a great crisp fan. Now and again but not on a regular basis - my body is a temple, after all :nufc:

15963[/snapback]

:blink: cheeky!

15967[/snapback]

:protest::protest: Once a cheeky monkey, always a cheeky monkey! :protest::protest:

Ready Salted Squares... genius

due to the fact me dad works for Walkers Crisps we tend to have  alot of crisps going spare in our househould

16008[/snapback]

Do me a favour and tell your fatha to have a word with the top brass at work about not being able to buy worcester sauce in bulk like you can with various other flavours, it's a fucking liberty.

due to the fact me dad works for Walkers Crisps we tend to have  alot of crisps going spare in our househould

16008[/snapback]

Do me a favour and tell your fatha to have a word with the top brass at work about not being able to buy worcester sauce in bulk like you can with various other flavours, it's a fucking liberty.

16014[/snapback]

actually one of me mates said this to him before! he said it was cause they had to remove them for a bit as this chemical that went into them was rumoured to be causing cancer or summit, so all products with it in were destroyed

16008[/snapback]

16014[/snapback]

Loved those and the chili ones- unable to get them here at the import shops, but ate them every chance I got when last visiting England and Jersey.