The Crisp Thread

Brock Manson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seabrook used to do Garlic and Herb crisps, they were lush but stunk to high heaven.

Tudor had some great flavours. They had a chicken tikka one for awhile when I was a bairn that was lush. Their picked onion has never been beaten though. You never seem to find spring onion flavour anymore.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Roast Chicken & Thyme Walkers Sensations are rapidly becoming a staple snack whilst watching the TV... :razz:

Them and the Thai Sweet Chili flavour go down a treat, quite partial to a bag of the hard to find Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard flavour too :)

Was going to mention them - now they were fucking lush, in fact all the Brannigans efforts were.

I recently discovered some East Anglian crisp company call 'Jack Pots' that do a Roast Beef and Mustard flavour. They're not as nice as Brannigans but they're a decent substitute. Can get them from Tesco I think.

http://www.jackpotscrisps.co.uk/

Roast Chicken & Thyme Walkers Sensations are rapidly becoming a staple snack whilst watching the TV... :icon_lol:

Them and the Thai Sweet Chili flavour go down a treat, quite partial to a bag of the hard to find Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard flavour too :razz:

Was going to mention them - now they were fucking lush, in fact all the Brannigans efforts were.

I recently discovered some East Anglian crisp company call 'Jack Pots' that do a Roast Beef and Mustard flavour. They're not as nice as Brannigans but they're a decent substitute. Can get them from Tesco I think.

http://www.jackpotscrisps.co.uk/

Can buy Brannigan's by the caseload here, http://www.brackenbankstores.co.uk/acatalo...risps.html#a370.

Seriously tempted tbh, but i know i'd end up eating all the fuckers in under a week :)

I miss roast beef n pickle/gammon and pineapple tudor specials.

my favourite crisps at the moment are from Lidl and they are great highly recommend trying them

D-93.jpg

Can't be doing with that after five years in Germany where the only crisp flavours are ready salted, paprika, paprika and paprika. I swear Pringles once drummed up this big campaign about the launch of a new flavour. Which was.... spicy paprika. :)

Frazzels were a belting crisp.

Aye. Stingy bastards when it came to packet size though :)

Are Space Raiders still 10p a bag BTW? Cheap Monster Munch but still well nice :razz:

Are Space Raiders still 10p a bag BTW? Cheap Monster Munch but still well nice :)

25p nowadays. I think the packets are ever so slightly bigger, but still, talk about missing the point of Space Raiders (i.e. taking your lunch money from your parents, buying two packets and pocketing the rest of the cash).

Frazzels were a belting crisp.

There's a cafe in Eldon Square that'll serve you a cheese and ham panini with a side of frazzels.

This is why Britain is better than everywhere else.

It's in the shitey new Green Market bit. There's every chance she's moved on to Nik Naks by now though.

Ahh, that residual Scampi & Lemon smell on your fingers. There's nothing quite like it in my experience.

Walkers - Prawn Cocktail, Salt & Vinegar, Worcester Sauce

Monster Munch - Pickled Onion flavour

Nik Naks - Spicy flavour

Not sure if the bottom 2 strictly qualify as crisps but sod it.

It's in the shitey new Green Market bit. There's every chance she's moved on to Nik Naks by now though.

Ahh, that residual Scampi & Lemon smell on your fingers. There's nothing quite like it in my experience.

i can think of something it smells like :)

i can think of something it smells like :razz:

Hence my caveat. :)