The Chopra show: Cardiff 4 - 1 Luton

Jimbo

Cardiff 4-1 Luton

Cardiff returned to the top of the Championship thanks to a fine display from striker Michael Chopra.

Luton were on the back foot from the 10th minute when Lewis Emanuel was sent off for handling Ricardo Scimeca's goal-bound header on the line.

Darren Purse converted the penalty, before Paul Parry curled home a second.

Rowan Vine pulled a goal back for Luton before half-time, but Chopra stabbed home a Steve Thompson flick-on and then converted Malvin Kamara's deep cross.

The handsome win, coupled with Birmingham being held 2-2 at home by Ipswich, means the Bluebirds top the Championship on goal difference from Steve Bruce's side.

Only an injury to the industrious Parry, who limped off after 83 minutes, spoiled Cardiff's day.

Yeah. I liked Chopra, but he was never a premiership striker. I'm glad he's found his level.

He is better than Rossi and Sibierski

Based on how many matches involving Rossi it's likely you've seen, I'd say that statement was opinion rather than fact.

I have to say that I am still a bit undecided about Chopra. He might still become a decent Premiership striker, but he never really got the chance to prove himself for Newcastle. Maybe if had been given only half the chances Amoebi got...

Edited by Isegrim

I have to say that I am still a but undecided about Chopra. He might still become a decent Premiership striker, but he never really got the chance to prove himself for Newcastle. Maybe if had been given only half the chances Amoebi got...

Agreed.

BTW I went to watch the Baggies today. McShane looks like a really good prospect as a central defender.

Sewpa Kev is so past it, paster is hardly possible. He has the pace and movement of a pott whale on a overdose of sleeping pills.