Wii or XBOX 360

AgentFox

Wii or XBOX 360  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else playing PES6 online? I'm getting really bad button lag (when I actually manage to get a game) and need to know if it's just my connection. If it's not just me I think this one's going back, the FIFA demo seemed a lot better after another play...

Fan-boyism is for 12 year olds, the rest of us make a decision based on the facts. The lag I'm experiencing is fucking horrible, maybe we're not using the same internet connection? :unsure:

Fan-boyism is for 12 year olds, the rest of us make a decision based on the facts. The lag I'm experiencing is fucking horrible, maybe we're not using the same internet connection? :unsure:

It hasnt been that bad for me but then Ive only played people in the UK. Is it any better if you play some Frenchy? Even when its great the online game is noticeably more sluggish than normal. Overall its a huge disappointment though. One of the laziest games Ive played. So much for Seabass saying it was being built for the 360 from the ground up, they've even just tagged on the PS2 control method rather than thinking of how best to use the pad. I wish the ISS lot would get their act together

Edited by luckypierre

The only differences ive made are swapping the triggers to the buttons above and vice versa, and moving the camera to normal medium.

The lag depends on who you play. If you have someone with a shit connection of course the lag is going to be bad, especially as half the country is on the server at the minute!

The noticeable difference is that when playing over a good connection you cant tell who is hosting the game. On PES5 on xbox 1 half wouldbe lag free and the other would be hideous!

The one negative point is on free kicks and corners theres about a half second delay on pressing the button!

Thanks to that deal Wor Dave posted up think i'll be investing in one on Wednesday, just haven't decided what game to get with it yet.

Is that the Argos deal?

Aye it is mate, am I onto a good 'un?

Fan-boyism is for 12 year olds, the rest of us make a decision based on the facts. The lag I'm experiencing is fucking horrible, maybe we're not using the same internet connection? :lol:

It hasnt been that bad for me but then Ive only played people in the UK. Is it any better if you play some Frenchy? Even when its great the online game is noticeably more sluggish than normal. Overall its a huge disappointment though. One of the laziest games Ive played. So much for Seabass saying it was being built for the 360 from the ground up, they've even just tagged on the PS2 control method rather than thinking of how best to use the pad. I wish the ISS lot would get their act together

Played exclusively French people last night to get a good feel for it, as expected there was no difference. In PES4/PES5 the best connections I got were in the UK, the difference in ping is negligible. Takes more time to get to the local exchange a couple of kilometres away than from there to London.

I'm very disappointed, at least in the previous online versions I got the occasional "offline smooth" experience, that hasn't happened once with this version. It's probably worth the cash for the offline part of the game, but I'm tempted to return it on principle, then again if someone tries to argue about the return, I may just keep kicking until they stop moving. Agreed about Seabass, the fuck-ugly, piss-taking cunt!

The only differences ive made are swapping the triggers to the buttons above and vice versa, and moving the camera to normal medium.

The lag depends on who you play. If you have someone with a shit connection of course the lag is going to be bad, especially as half the country is on the server at the minute!

The noticeable difference is that when playing over a good connection you cant tell who is hosting the game. On PES5 on xbox 1 half wouldbe lag free and the other would be hideous!

The one negative point is on free kicks and corners theres about a half second delay on pressing the button!

What you're saying about this version being great online, I saw many people saying about that version, leading me to believe it's down to my connection (even though I've had 3 different connections during the last 3 versions of PES). It just doesn't make sense.

On PES5 on xbox 1 half wouldbe lag free and the other would be hideous!

thats because you take turns hosting. The lag free half is when you are the host. PES6 is exactly the same, its the person who sets up the game who hosts the second half.

Edited by luckypierre

thats because you take turns hosting. The lag free half is when you are the host. PES6 is exactly the same, its the person who sets up the game who hosts the second half.

They should organise it as home and away matches, the away team being forced to be the host. If you select Newcastle, you should be forced to host all the time.

which was the point of my post. You cant tell who hosts which half because both are lag free (almost)

I've now got one, so post your gamer tag's ladies. :mellow:

What's yours? I'll add you, have you got PES?

Has something changed with PES? The button lag seems much better today, sometimes offline-smooth. I switched to creating games yesterday, that seemed to improve things for some reason, but I had a long spesession today because my computer's fucked, and it was fantastic when I got a decent connection.

I've now got one, so post your gamer tag's ladies. :mellow:

Has something changed with PES? The button lag seems much better today, sometimes offline-smooth. I switched to creating games yesterday, that seemed to improve things for some reason, but I had a long spesession today because my computer's fucked, and it was fantastic when I got a decent connection.

Mine's Jonny2J mate. :stars:

I'm shite at the moment mind on Pro Evo as I haven't adjusted at all to the 360 controller in a day, especially considering I was GOD at all forms of it on the PS2. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

I've now got one, so post your gamer tag's ladies. :lol:

Mine's Jonny2J mate. :(

I'm shite at the moment mind on Pro Evo as I haven't adjusted at all to the 360 controller in a day, especially considering I was GOD at all forms of it on the PS2. :stars:

What, you mean the 360 controller that can be configured to be identical to the PS2 one when playing Pro Evo? :mellow: What a cop-out!

I'm shite at the moment mind on Pro Evo as I haven't adjusted at all to the 360 controller in a day, especially considering I was GOD at all forms of it on the PS2. :stars:

What, you mean the 360 controller that can be configured to be identical to the PS2 one when playing Pro Evo? :mellow: What a cop-out!

It's just the logistics of the buttons and man, Ie now i'm using the analogue stick when before I used the d-pad!

Guest Patrokles

It's just the logistics of the buttons and man, Ie now i'm using the analogue stick when before I used the d-pad!

Pffffff.

Added. Agree about the controller, it takes some getting used to, but it is grand once you do (I recommend swapping the right buttons for a smoother transition).

I'm hoping for Konami's sake I'm missing something here, but when you create a match and someone challenges you, is there actually a way NOT to accept the challenge. I've had a couple of challengers with loads of disconnects or people who've played Brazil every time, I thought no thanks and went to not accept, only to find no way to reject. Pressed every button, too. This really would be a new low for Seabass and chums! :mellow:

Edited by ObaGol

Added. Agree about the controller, it takes some getting used to, but it is grand once you do (I recommend swapping the right buttons for a smoother transition).

I'm hoping for Konami's sake I'm missing something here, but when you create a match and someone challenges you, is there actually a way NOT to accept the challenge. I've had a couple of challengers with loads of disconnects or people who've played Brazil every time, I thought no thanks and went to not accept, only to find no way to reject. Pressed every button, too. This really would be a new low for Seabass and chums! :mellow:

Everyone who I played last night either picked fucking Barca or Inter.

ObaGol I'll give you a game whenever you want Sir.

Just take it easy on on me. :(

Edited by Jonny2J