The Icecream Thread

adios

Seeing as yiz bastards made me go out and buy some nice fattening things due to the mouth watering talk about biccies and crisps I'm now sitting here eating some Carte D'Or Mint Choc Chip. And I don't think I've ever seen one of these threads on ice cream, my favourrite of all sugary treats.

Haagen Dazs Cookie Dough Dynamo was always a favourite of mine til they stopped selling it - bastards! Recently Ben & Jerry started something similar so that's probably best for me - or Haagen Dazs Strawberry Shortcake.

What's yours?

Im not that keen on ice cream, unless its an ice cream bar, such as the bounty or crunchie bar ice cream.

Best ice cream ive tasted is a locally produced one named Rocombe farm, not sure if you get this in Newcastle though. They make some weird and wonderful flavours to order too, for large hotels and special events. The Tia Maria with cadburys flake one is gorgeous oh and the maltesers one!

Edited by Toonraider

It can be if you want it to be.  :blink:

15988[/snapback]

Sorry Meenzer, my 'Fudge Central' is all full up - I've got my head jammed up there!

Me Father loves his ice cream and at the moment he raves about Doddingtons ice cream and Howey's Morrick (sp) Farm ice cream (not sure if thats what it's called but that is certainly where it's from). Both are on the farm jobs. Doddingtons is fairly available - a canny few outlets around Northumberland - whereas Morrick is sold on the farm near Warkworth. Lots of flavours, all good according to me Dad.

Over here, they are mad about their ice-cream, and it's nearly all great

In Oz Nestle had this "Heaven" range out - not looked to see if it's here. In tubs, I mean. They had the bars too, but they weren't as nice.

I saw 3 flavours in the tubs - and tried two - the Choc Fudge one (awesome choc icecream with chocolate fudge sauce and bits of fudge in it) and the toffee honeycomb crunch one (gorgeous honeycomb icecream with toffee sauce and crunchy bits of toffee and honeycombiness in it). Oh my god. Lovely lovely stuff!!

Ages ago I had some Ben and Jerry's that was both the fudge brownie AND the cookie dough all in one. Yuuummmm...!!!

They don't get Ben and Jerry's in Australia. I weep for that country sometimes.