What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Catching up with some 2011 releases. Starting with The Weeknd's House of Balloons which is incredible. Sounds a lot like The Dream but a bit seedier and with some fine guitaring at times.

Marissa Nadler's self-titled is a nice little female folk album; very easy to listen to, some interesting and nice melodies but a bit hit and miss as a full album.

Revisiting The King is Dead by The Decemberists and I think they'll find some value in my life as continuing to send up REM long after they're gone. Probably their weakest effort but there's a good EP in there somewhere.

Catching up with some 2011 releases. Starting with The Weeknd's House of Balloons which is incredible. Sounds a lot like The Dream but a bit seedier and with some fine guitaring at times.

Marissa Nadler's self-titled is a nice little female folk album; very easy to listen to, some interesting and nice melodies but a bit hit and miss as a full album.

Revisiting The King is Dead by The Decemberists and I think they'll find some value in my life as continuing to send up REM long after they're gone. Probably their weakest effort but there's a good EP in there somewhere.

Funny you say that, they thought the outtakes were so good they've just realeased a follow EP comprised of them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Live_the_King_(EP)

Funny you say that, they thought the outtakes were so good they've just realeased a follow EP comprised of them...

http://en.wikipedia....e_the_King_(EP)

Aye, it's not the best either. E.Watson and Burying Davy are better than a lot of stuff on the album though.

The new Roots album is 'available' :nufc:

A concept album based around a central character named Redford, who was inspired by the Sufjan Stevens song. It ends with a four-part "Redford" suite featuring some guest piano from Stevens himself.

shocking-lp.jpgF

Finally got here and is everything you expect from a compilation centered around a bunch of Indonesians, taking drugs, listening to Sgt. Peppers, James Brown and Prog Rock, then writing music like it. Now, I just need some more of it.

Nice, where did you get it?

shocking-lp.jpgF

Finally got here and is everything you expect from a compilation centered around a bunch of Indonesians, taking drugs, listening to Sgt. Peppers, James Brown and Prog Rock, then writing music like it. Now, I just need some more of it.

Nice, where did you get it?

eBay for 8 quid. I think the vinyl box has more extra business in it though.