What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Watching the Queen thing on ITV and being reminded how much I loved them. Don't care if it's not cool. I've very few regrets in life but would've loved to have seen them live when Freddie was alive.

Limmy man, he's class at times. :lol:

I wouldn't say there was stand out tracks in the sense that you could listen to them in isolation but it certainly peaks and troughs. 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' sounded fucking terrible on the music video but is strangely alluring in the context of the album. Miley Cirus sings.

Some songs are done well like, Being for the Benefit of Mr.Kite!, A Day In The Life, etc.

It's like they've made it more trippy - at times they've actually tried to put in similar vocal tones/accents too. A little Help from my Friends is a pretty good cover - with one side of the call & response shouted through a harmonica mic by a man who clearly can't sing. .

Overall it's mental as fuck and sometimes painful to listen to but definitely a fun record if you're bored.

Been on one of those random YouTube music sessions this morning and ended up going through ash's back catalogue. Never was a massive fan of them at time they were big but was surprised at how much the songs reminded me of being a teenager in the mid 90s.

Limmy man, he's class at times. :lol:

I wouldn't say there was stand out tracks in the sense that you could listen to them in isolation but it certainly peaks and troughs. 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' sounded fucking terrible on the music video but is strangely alluring in the context of the album. Miley Cirus sings.

Some songs are done well like, Being for the Benefit of Mr.Kite!, A Day In The Life, etc.

It's like they've made it more trippy - at times they've actually tried to put in similar vocal tones/accents too. A little Help from my Friends is a pretty good cover - with one side of the call & response shouted through a harmonica mic by a man who clearly can't sing. .

Overall it's mental as fuck and sometimes painful to listen to but definitely a fun record if you're bored.

That's the thing with the Flaming Lips, their quality control has right out of the window.

I discovered those guys (temperance movement) a year or so ago and they a currently one of my favourite bands now. I'm off to see them again for a 4th time tonight at the ritz in Manchester. I met them after a gig last year and they are genuinely lovely blokes too. They are class live too :)