What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Saw these supporting Echo and the Bunnymen last week in Southampton, an unexpectedly brilliant surprise....

https://soundcloud.com/the-probes/autonomy

There's live stuff on YouTube too. Basically they're the sort of band Alan McGee would've given a kidney to sign around 89ish.. @@sammynb :good:

Cheers PL.

For a bit of post punk solo bass work try this - https://sneaks.bandcamp.com/album/gymnastics

Got to give it to these lads, they know how to write a song or two. Got to be one of the favourites for AOTY.

I really couldn't get in to that record at all tbh 

A lot of massive hype everywhere about the TCQ album. You get some massive geezer to jump out his sunroof and suddenly everyone is saying its AOTY :lol:

I've seen a load of people claim that who haven't even listened to Chance, Kendrick, Danny Brown or even the new De La Soul which got mediocre reviews but seems to be a very similar quality record to me. Great album, a very good return but over hyped for some reason. 

Seen De La Soul a few months back when they were on tour, was a reallllllllly crap gig, mix of the crowds fault and theirs tbh, nowhere near as good as when i'd seen them previously, but at £40 a ticket def about £15 too much.

ATCQ is getting a bit more hype because of Phyfe dying obviously, did prefer the new album to De la souls last one though.

Glad to hear that after I've just got tickets to see DSL next year.  Only £27 like.  I've only listened to their latest album once so far but I really like it.

I'd seen them before and they were excellent, this time most of the crowd knew about two tracks which didn't help the show

I'm in the same position really. Can't say I've listened to a lot of their stuff. I'll have to try and download more of their albums before I go.