What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Not yet, it's in the queue though. First single seemed a bit different to usual in a good way (mostly) but reviews look patchy.

First listen makes me think that it's following the trend of recent albums i.e. 4/5 songs that you can rank in with their classic stuff and a lot of filler. The only difference this time is the use of synths, really. As a drummer, I'm a bit disappointed that the usual dynamic and interesting drumming has been dialled back though.

Though, if you were being harsh, you could probably argue that the better songs sort of sound like a Decemberists parody than the real thing.

Steve Earle, Copperhead Road 

I'm hoping he comes to The Sage again this year, maybe he will be the headliner act for the Americana Festival  ?

He's got a free date in his tour this year that would allow him to play there.

17 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Steve Earle, Copperhead Road 

I'm hoping he comes to The Sage again this year, maybe he will be the headliner act for the Americana Festival  ?

He's got a free date in his tour this year that would allow him to play there.

He was canny in The Wire

Keeping a keen eye on the Americana festival line-up too, we went to a couple of the shows last year and I wouldn't mind a repeat visit. It's the same weekend as Pride again though. We can't spend these pink pounds in two places at once, lads.

31 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Keeping a keen eye on the Americana festival line-up too, we went to a couple of the shows last year and I wouldn't mind a repeat visit.

I'm convinced Steve Earle will be the headliner this year.

The gaffers here have blocked BBC iPlayer which has caused us not to be able to listen to the wireless.  I sometimes listen to 5Live and occasionally Radio 2.

Other than listening on my phone on 4G and using all my data can I get around this?  I dont wanna buy a radio either!

New releases:

Trembling Bells - "Dungeness"

Yo La Tengo - "There's A Riot Going On"

Pete Astor - "One For The Ghost"

Candy Opera - "45 Revolutions A Minute"

Catch ups:

The Fall - "New Facts Emerge"

Us & Them - "Dwindling Within The Fading Sun"