What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

@PaddockLad decent but who does he remind me of?

Wild Nothings, no not really. The Stills, yeah there is a bit of them in there. The Radio Dept, there is a lot of their sound in Dead Boys.

Nite Fields, it's definitely Nite Fields. No it's Maps or is it M83? Local Natives???

Other interesting things out there at the moment:

Cloud Nothings - Last Building Burning is great if you want something fast and noisy.

A bit of dream pop care of Hatchie's - Sugar & Spice

For anyone that was a fan of the original Saints, Ed Kuepper with The Aints! have released an album of songs that were written for the Saints fourth album, the follow up to Prehistoric Sounds.

It's like it's 1979 again (and the clip is footage from then).

New Zealand's finest The Chills have a new album and its' great.

Last one is for anyone who is a fan of The Drones. A couple of them have gotten together to for Tropical Fuck Storm (they also have a label with the same name).

• Like 1

@sammynb cheers for all that mate, will give it all a blast when I get some time..

edit: just to say about SF, I think it’s near on astounding that the UK music industry in 2018have bought into an artist such as him. As long as they don’t flog him to death in a “new Ed Sheeran” sort of way then it will be really interesting to see how he develops in the future. He’s got at least 3 better songs than Dead Boys too iyam.

Edited by PaddockLad

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 00:20, PaddockLad said:

just to say about SF, I think it’s near on astounding that the UK music industry in 2018have bought into an artist such as him. As long as they don’t flog him to death in a “new Ed Sheeran” sort of way then it will be really interesting to see how he develops in the future. He’s got at least 3 better songs than Dead Boys too iyam.

Hey @PaddockLad thought you'd be interested, I'm currently working on one of those reno reality shows and I got this in the first episode.

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2019 at 00:10, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Your pop album of the year has already been sewn up

Heard a bit on Radio 6. Really like ‘Juice’