What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

the new Tame Impala album. Once more, the songs are simply not strong enough to support the lengths. All the production tomfoolery in the world can't disguise poor songwriting. Seems like Lonerism is going to remain their high watermark where the ideas, craft and melody met at a perfect crossroads. 

This seems an easy standout and even this is not the best song named "Borderline"

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I do indeed 

I have to say that it completely passed me by... It's utterly brilliant ... I thought I get myself a hard copy but it's coming out at £50 to import it from Greece of all places so I think I'll pass...it's on this compilation though..

Screenshot_20200219-143652.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I have to say that it completely passed me by... It's utterly brilliant ... I thought I get myself a hard copy but it's coming out at £50 to import it from Greece of all places so I think I'll pass...it's on this compilation though..

Screenshot_20200219-143652.png

My mate had it in a different compilation I seem to remember. He also had a couple of quality compilations from Weatherall’s very own Boys Own label 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

My mate had it in a different compilation I seem to remember. He also had a couple of quality compilations from Weatherall’s very own Boys Own label 

@PaddockLad I've got a copy. Bought it when I was in London in '91.

I think it popped up on one of the MBV re-releases that happened over the last few years.

Edited by sammynb

On 2/15/2020 at 02:19, Ayatollah Hermione said:

the new Tame Impala album. Once more, the songs are simply not strong enough to support the lengths. All the production tomfoolery in the world can't disguise poor songwriting. Seems like Lonerism is going to remain their high watermark where the ideas, craft and melody met at a perfect crossroads. 

I'd disagree Tame Impala peaked at Innerspeaker and have been riding the wave ever since. Half the allure is that Kevin wahtshisface never does any press so they all think he's the next Pet Sounds era Brian Wilson.

King Giz are riding the same wave, except they do release the occasional new gem, problem is you have to sift through 3 albums of shite to find it because they release so much.

My last three purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

currently holed up in the van next to talybont reservoir in the brecon beacons. it's fucking bleak outside, had to drag the dogs outside for a piss!

woodburner's on, pleasantly stoned, half way through a bottle of merlot and cosy as fuck listening to this. give it a go.....  :)

• Like 1