What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

So Phil Spector is deid. I'm all for separating the art from the artist but seeing the likes of the BBC headlines of "flawed but talented record producer dies" sticks the craw a bit. 

Fucks wrong with the world where "flawed but talented man dies" means the same as "convicted murderer and serial abuser dies in prison"? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

FFS. You kill ONE woman and that’s all you’re remembered for.

Brutal eh? Poor cunt. At least the beeb have got his back. 

Talented, aye. Flawed? Fuck, my last attempt at wallpapering was a bit flawed. Counting my blessings I'm no dying in jail over it. 

16 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Suzanna Hoffs is 62 TODAY   🧐

Moved back into our house over the weekend and so sorting all the records into their new shelves and found the Bangles first album, so gave it a spin in honour of Ms Hoffs b/day.

Thing is the best song on it isn't sung by her, so before the record company pushed her to the front.

As for Robert Fripp and Toyah's titties - Fripps best work was always when someone more interesting was the main feature, Eno, Byrne, even his stuff with Daryl Hall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Bangles were on Prince's Paisley Park label...some would tell you that the only reason for that was the purple ponce's desire for Ms Hoffs...which went with him to the grave unrequited...

He wrote Manic Monday iirc 

• Like 2

On 16/01/2021 at 12:20, PaddockLad said:

You’ll all thank me for this...it’s a whole world of madness...

They live not far from my in laws at Wimborne...I used to work with Robert’s cousin, Dickie Tripp  :lol: 

gigantic jugs of joy 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

Moved back into our house over the weekend and so sorting all the records into their new shelves and found the Bangles first album, so gave it a spin in honour of Ms Hoffs b/day.

Thing is the best song on it isn't sung by her, so before the record company pushed her to the front.

As for Robert Fripp and Toyah's titties - Fripps best work was always when someone more interesting was the main feature, Eno, Byrne, even his stuff with Daryl Hall.

Yeah, I’m more into Fripp’s ambient stuff / collaborations. He did some class work with The Orb and FSOL as well as the ones you mention 

20 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

So Phil Spector is deid. I'm all for separating the art from the artist but seeing the likes of the BBC headlines of "flawed but talented record producer dies" sticks the craw a bit. 

Fucks wrong with the world where "flawed but talented man dies" means the same as "convicted murderer and serial abuser dies in prison"? 

He was definitely ahead of his time. 

Pulled a gun on John Lennon seven years before Mark Chapman.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...