What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

On 27/04/2021 at 07:15, PaddockLad said:

@sammynb some of your faves...

Mmm, not sure it's a very good beginners guide, for starters it starts in the wrong place, Loveless instead of Isn't Anything.

No Swervedriver but the Silversun Pickups who are hugely influenced by the Swervies, includes Cocteau Twins and JMC as offshoots when they were clearly proto-shoegaze.

No kids, don't believe it but do go listen to everything listed there (I think I own about 60-70% of what's listed!!!)

They probably should have just called it a beginners guide to sammynb's record collection.

For something completely different, actually no it's not here is interesting article, with sound, from the Fanies!

https://daily.bandcamp.com/big-ups/teenage-fanclub-pick-their-favorite-records-on-bandcamp

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I love breathy French lasses singing - this being a perfect example- always guaranteed trouser commotions. 

Watched the vid above, waited, thought “when’s the breathy French bint coming in?”, looked at the time elapsed and released it was an instrumental :lol:

You released on the instrumental, that's some grade A premature shit just there.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You released on the instrumental, that's some grade A premature shit just there.

:lol:

You got me. 
A Priest, an Imam and a Rabbit walk in to a bar and the Rabbit says, “I think I’m a typo”. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I love breathy French lasses singing - this being a perfect example- always guaranteed trouser commotions. 

Watched the vid above, waited, thought “when’s the breathy French bint coming in?”, looked at the time elapsed and released it was an instrumental :lol:

Sorry it was late when I posted that, try holding your release for this!!!

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I see Billie Eilish has turned 18 and just about got them out. The cycle continues.

Which Grumble sites should I avoid to protect my delicate sensibilities? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Which Grumble sites should I avoid to protect my delicate sensibilities? 

You don't want to be buying British Vogue...thats all.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

You don't want to be buying British Vogue...thats all.

Billie%20Eilish%20insert_01%20Copilot%20

I’m not surprised she forgot her dress, poor lass looks half-asleep. 

That tattoo looks like she needs her rat trimmed… :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

AC/DC’ best album, Powerage, was released today in 1978. 
So, here’s the best song on it. 

( all other opinions are welcome, but wrong). 

Best riff, definitely. Best album, probably. Best song? Dunno like.

Sorry there is only one person qualified to make that judgement and it certainly isn’t a geordie knot or a scottish lawn hater!!!

So sorry fist but you’re wrong, TNT was their best album and everyone knows the bagpipe solo in Long Way to the Top is their best riff!!!

And before anyone else wants to voice their incorrect opinion Back in Black is their best Brian Johnson album.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t know why I’m debating with Riff Raff like you- you’re off your Rocker. 

I’m off my Rocker??? Surely (shirley) not, you’re the one that obviously helped himself to Quiff’s cowies if you’re still up this late!

Gaz, you still driving a truck?

If so, this one’s for you. Enjoy.

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

Sorry there is only one person qualified to make that judgement and it certainly isn’t a geordie knot or a scottish lawn hater!!!

So sorry fist but you’re wrong, TNT was their best album and everyone knows the bagpipe solo in Long Way to the Top is their best riff!!!

And before anyone else wants to voice their incorrect opinion Back in Black is their best Brian Johnson album.

It’s actually For Those About To Rock We Salute You . Don’t @ me :cuppa:

Best Bon Scott?....Highway to Hell. 

Love this...Bon & the Youngs still loved Scotland despite leaving as children...