What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s actually For Those About To Rock We Salute You . Don’t @ me :cuppa:

Best Bon Scott?....Highway to Hell. 

Love this...Bon & the Youngs still loved Scotland despite leaving as children...

:warning:

What utter rubbish, from top to bottom!

@PaddockLad you:

A. Cannot have a Brian Johnson song as the best ever AC/DC song - the universe will not allow it because it is just so incorrect!

B. Highway to Hell is good, granted but has nothing on a Long Way To The Top (aka A Long Way to the Shop, if you want a sausage roll [like a steak bake but using the meat offcuts and a staple at any school canteen in the 70/80s]).

C. They didn't love Scotland, the only reason they were wearing those shirts is because in Australia at the time football was (allegedly) only played by "Shelias, Wogs and Poofters" (not my words so please do not go all Noelie on my arse!) and they were football fans - rightly so.

And lets be honest our national team, the national team of yes AC/DC, at that time was crap, actually beyond crap and we played in a yellow shirt, not a cool yellow like Brazil, no a baby poo gold yellow and dark green, like some 1960s kitchen!

Case closed. :aussie:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As someone said in that videos comments, that’s the best performance ever seen in a Scotland shirt. :lol:

And they were only playing three in the backline.

Edited by sammynb

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

:warning:

What utter rubbish, from top to bottom!

@PaddockLad you:

A. Cannot have a Brian Johnson song as the best ever AC/DC song - the universe will not allow it because it is just so incorrect!

B. Highway to Hell is good, granted but has nothing on a Long Way To The Top (aka A Long Way to the Shop, if you want a sausage roll [like a steak bake but using the meat offcuts and a staple at any school canteen in the 70/80s]).

C. They didn't love Scotland, the only reason they were wearing those shirts is because in Australia at the time football was (allegedly) only played by "Shelias, Wogs and Poofters" (not my words so please do not go all Noelie on my arse!) and they were football fans - rightly so.

And lets be honest our national team, the national team of yes AC/DC, at that time was crap, actually beyond crap and we played in a yellow shirt, not a cool yellow like Brazil, no a baby poo gold yellow and dark green, like some 1960s kitchen!

Case closed. :aussie:

A.  Am suggesting HTH is the best BJ album. 

B.  The best collection of BS songs is on HTH . The best way to listen to all the albums before that is via the world's greatest ever live album "if you want blood you've got it".. Agreed that Long Way... is one of the best three songs they recorded.  

C. If you were present at the Playhouse Theatre in Edinburgh on one of their innumerable visits in the 80s and heard Malcolm say to Angus "Edinburgh is always the best gig!" amd Angus fully agreeing with his brother then you'd know your assertion that they didn't love Scotland was bollocks. I was there, Malcolm told us. So there :huff:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

C. If you were present at the Playhouse Theatre in Edinburgh on one of their innumerable visits in the 80s and heard Malcolm say to Angus "Edinburgh is always the best gig!" amd Angus fully agreeing with his brother then you'd know your assertion that they didn't love Scotland was bollocks. I was there, Malcolm told us. So there :huff:

I don't doubt the Young brothers loved Scotland, they are/were one ugly bunch of fuckers but I doubt that hurt their chances with da lassies of Scotland!

And we'll have to agree to disagree on Back in Black being the best BJ record (it's also a darn fine record to be getting one of those as BJ probably knows!)

20 hours ago, sammynb said:

Sorry there is only one person qualified to make that judgement and it certainly isn’t a geordie knot or a scottish lawn hater!!!

So sorry fist but you’re wrong, TNT was their best album and everyone knows the bagpipe solo in Long Way to the Top is their best riff!!!

And before anyone else wants to voice their incorrect opinion Back in Black is their best Brian Johnson album.

Twisting my words there Sammy, not fucking having that like. I don't hate Scottish lawns at all, only English ones and the overall practice of gardening in general.

I will however concede that while the Riff Raff riff might be my favourite I have no authority to declare it the best. And while I'd normally take issue with someone calling a bagpipe solo a great riff i'll give you a pass. Not only is it great but I've tried jamming with pipers a fair few times and it's always been absolute fucking disaster (usually in D major).

• Haha 2

Crazy cunt’s from Perth, WA not Scotland, so says it all really!

Back to anything that’s not accadacca

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

BJ, BIB, HTH,BS?

Are you lads essembee? 

Anyway, you’re both wrong, so suck my BBs. 
( on DDDDC, :lol:

BB? Your balls bald as well Gazza???? 

• Like 1

I was chatting with an old mate from my snowboarding days today, we were talking about the albums that soundtracked our seasons, and this track was on one of them. 
Haven’t heard it in ages, but it holds up well for 1993 jazz-rap fusion :lol:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I was chatting with an old mate from my snowboarding days today, we were talking about the albums that soundtracked our seasons, and this track was on one of them. 
Haven’t heard it in ages, but it holds up well for 1993 jazz-rap fusion :lol:

not sure I believe this actually.

snowboarding dudes all have dreads and are in to psytrance. everybody knows that.

34 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

not sure I believe this actually.

snowboarding dudes all have dreads and are in to psytrance. everybody knows that.

Did Hortensia Fiennes-Rattlebacke tell you this at the last coffee morning of the Cotswold NIMBY Association ?

:lol:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did Hortensia Fiennes-Rattlebacke tell you this at the last coffee morning of the Cotswold NIMBY Association ?

no, it was my good friends cameron and clarkson.

first time I went snowboarding I was hassled in to doing so by a swiss lad who drove us down to engleburg. fucker had been out clubbing in zurich the night befiore and should've be nowhere near a steering wheel. got as far up titlus as it was possible to get and then he vomited everywhere. gave me a brief lesson on how to turn and bend your knees etc and then promptly went off to find somewhere to sleep whilst mocking my goofy stance. spent about 8 hours on that fucking mountain mostly on me arse or face and eventually self taught. I was the only one there actually snowboarding, rest of the dudes were sat in a big circle at the top the entire time getting very stoned, pausing only occasionally to mock the old english bloke with the bleeding nose and the unfashionable attire!   :) 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

this one still sounds fresh as fuck

That's because it samples one of the greatest jazz tracks (Cantaloupe Island) by one of the greatest musicians that ever lived (Herbie Hancock).

Even US3 couldn't have fucked this one up.

• Like 5

Saw Carcass back in the early 90s with a mate who is one of the guitarists in Australian stoner band, Tumbleweed.

It was one of the best and strangest gigs I’ve ever been too. The venue was packed but somehow everyone had 3ft/sq of space so they could flick their metal length hair - which was weird for someone coming from a got to mosh every gig background! It was like they all had forcefields around them.

Norman Records had this on their latest mail out, drone ambient by hardcore punk musos. Not sure if I like it, probably going have to give it a couple of listens.

Edited by sammynb

On 11/05/2021 at 22:34, sammynb said:

That's because it samples one of the greatest jazz tracks (Cantaloupe Island) by one of the greatest musicians that ever lived (Herbie Hancock).

Even US3 couldn't have fucked this one up.

Empyrean Isles is a great album too. There was a good documentary on (I think) Sky Arts the other day about Blue Note records which featured him quite a lot. Even when he was doing electro he was class 

• Like 1

I like to drive around late-night Paris in 1960, smoking tabs, in an open top MG with a guitar case strapped on the boot, as I listen to this 

Whilst rattling Charlotte Rampling, probably. 

• Haha 2