What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Canny playlist for a shuffle ( :naughty: ) , this. Although "obscure" is pushing it in several cases. As is "Britpop", for that matter. :lol: You get the gist though.

• Like 4

On 05/07/2021 at 10:50, thebrokendoll said:

currently in a megaboom3 off with the wife, she's in the kitchen listening to echo and the bunnymen. I'm in the garage getting all hippy to the timeless ott classic blumenkraft.

the bizarrely named 'smoked glass and chrome' is a masterpiece.  :)

Amazing album. His new one should be good, he’s had fuck all else to do for 18 months. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Canny playlist for a shuffle ( :naughty: ) , this. Although "obscure" is pushing it in several cases. As is "Britpop", for that matter. :lol: You get the gist though.

Daisy Chainsaw :lol:

Fairly sure I saw them supporting someone else on the playlist but the deets are sketchy 😑

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I am sure they supported PWEI at some point although I could be wrong.

I want to say Mega City 4 but am really not sure...the 90s kids, they were a lot of fun :D

23 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I want to say Mega City 4 but am really not sure...the 90s kids, they were a lot of fun :D

Fucking hell I saw MC4 at the Riverside. Had completely forgotten about that.

On 09/07/2021 at 06:59, trophyshy said:

Amazing album. His new one should be good, he’s had fuck all else to do for 18 months. 

I got to know ott quite well, he was the resident act in the chillout room at tribe of frog parties in bristol and always played at glade festival and ozora in hungary. very talented musician, I reckon his finest moment was playing smoked glass and chrome as the finale to his set as support act to shpongle's album release party for 'nothing lasts, but nothing is lost' he absolutely stole the night!

he's a bit of an opinionated twat mind!  :)

I don't know if you've listened to globular?

love this album....

• Like 2

On 08/07/2021 at 22:39, Meenzer said:

My Spotify playlists are getting out of hand, it’s the greatest feature in the world considering people are curating unbelievably specific and varied playlists. Like this one with garage from the 80s onwards

Or this 261 hour long “Non-Shit Americana/RnB” playlist

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell I saw MC4 at the Riverside. Had completely forgotten about that.

I’ve seen Mega City 4 and had completely forgotten they existed 

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2021 at 10:02, thebrokendoll said:

I got to know ott quite well, he was the resident act in the chillout room at tribe of frog parties in bristol and always played at glade festival and ozora in hungary. very talented musician, I reckon his finest moment was playing smoked glass and chrome as the finale to his set as support act to shpongle's album release party for 'nothing lasts, but nothing is lost' he absolutely stole the night!

love this album....

Cheers for the tip. 

On 10/07/2021 at 10:02, thebrokendoll said:

love this album....

I decorated my entire house to Shpongle’s entire discography. :lol:

Made a shit job 100% more bearable. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I decorated my entire house to Shpongle’s entire discography. :lol:

Made a shit job 100% more bearable. 

over a period of about 2 years I slowly dyed my white kitchen ceiling an odd purpley/brown colour. there was always a lingering smell of burnt plastic too despite adequate ventilation.

I hold shpongle partly responsible for this.

:)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

any dub fans out there?

lush album.  :)

You checked out Rhythm and Sound before? 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

You checked out Rhythm and Sound before? 

don't think so mate. point me in the right direction, currently chilling out in the sun with a freezing can of thatchers and an extended roll up, be happy to give it a go!  :)

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't think so mate. point me in the right direction, currently chilling out in the sun with a freezing can of thatchers and an extended roll up, be happy to give it a go!  :)

So it’s these fellas: https://www.discogs.com/artist/5137-Rhythm-Sound?noanv=1

As the German techno duo Basic Channel they were the first ones to make what became ‘Dub Techno’ in the early 90s. Incorporating dub bass lines. As Rhythm and Sound they started making dub reggae and have collaborated with a few Jamaican artists. 

This is good: https://www.discogs.com/Rhythm-Sound-Rhythm-Sound/master/506510

as is: 

https://www.discogs.com/Rhythm-Sound-w-The-Artists/master/74249

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

So it’s these fellas: https://www.discogs.com/artist/5137-Rhythm-Sound?noanv=1

As the German techno duo Basic Channel they were the first ones to make what became ‘Dub Techno’ in the early 90s. Incorporating dub bass lines. As Rhythm and Sound they started making dub reggae and have collaborated with a few Jamaican artists. 

This is good: https://www.discogs.com/Rhythm-Sound-Rhythm-Sound/master/506510

as is: 

https://www.discogs.com/Rhythm-Sound-w-The-Artists/master/74249

nice one sir. gonna get on soulseek in the next hour or so and find them!  :)

can I give you one in return?

I lost me keys for an old transit I had in hungary. earlier at the festival I'd met a french hippie called zee, ace bloke lived in an enormous horse box, had dreads down to his ankles, was in his 50s then which was probably 09ish. last day of the festival he showed up with a toolbox, took the quarter light out without breaking it, drilled out the steering lock and hot wired the van with an on/off switch which he set in to the dashboard. he then got out a chillum and loaded ii with some fucking amazing afghani black. honestly man, I thought I was having palpitations! just before he disappeared he left me a cd by a mate of his. never seen zee again, but every time I listen to this I think how lucky I was and hope he's having an ace life.

stunning chill out.

:)

• Haha 2