What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

My other half has been playing Fontaines DC stuff a lot lately. I couldn't be arsed with them for the first few weeks but I've been beaten into submission and somehow managed to convince myself they're a bit like what would've happened if Spacemen3 were Irish, 30 years younger, and more into uppers.

Anything for an easy life.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Well this is interesting, they’ve gone for something fairly obvious at no. 1 but for me it’s pretty difficult to argue with it :D

Its very yank-centric, obvs…

Randomly saw this scrolling through and it’s a particular favourite :boogie: so…..

absolutely loved I feel love as a kid, just wouldn't admit it, what with being one of the punk regulars outside listen ear records on ridley place. seem to recall it was in the charts at the same time as the sex pistols pretty vacant.

think the first record I ever seriously attempted to dance to rather than bounce about spraying hockle everywhere was this.....  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Happy 60th birthday Shaun William Ryder 

Fair play to Shaun, him reaching 60 must have fucked over a of folk in celebrity death pools. 

As a coincidental aside, Spotify randomly  threw up Kelly's Heroes on a drive on Saturday and my other half let slip she had never heard of Black Grape. The return leg she and all four of the kids had to suffer "it's great when you're straight" in its entirety. Its somehow even more hit and miss and disjointed as an album than I remember being but it weirdly it hit just right for that shit drive home.

10 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Just caught Transvision Vamp on radio (very old school I know).

Wendy James ❤❤❤ 

Chicken My Body Is Ready GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

She was outstanding especially appreciated when you're a teenage lad. 30536817640bc615826052270c901218_w200.gif.b5a17f54a4076bc93546c48e08600ba5.gif

• Haha 3

Listening to Prom 58, A New Noise by Public Service Broadcasting. 
I had to downstream it on BBC Sounds app, so the best I can do is give a clicky

I’m grazing on peppered salami and cornichons with some nutty Shropshire Red and a glass of Merlot whilst I listen to it…

…The greatest gift of middle age is no longer giving a flying fuck :lol:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My other half keeps a close eye on the local scene up here, and most of the time I can't be arsed but the big stand out this year has been Dead Pony's War Tribes EP. 

Nowt new or overly original but they've got perfect pop choruses and earworm riffs for days and might be worth keeping an eye on. If  Ginger Wildheart is on the ball he's already poaching their singer for the 3rd Hey! Hello album.

Just done a 9hr shift, and was getting in to drum-led tracks, or just ones with excellent drums. 
A selection …

Vinnie Colaiuta on drums

John Bonham next, doesn’t get going until 3:50, but then it’s freight train time. 

Keith Moon… aye. :lol:

Michael Shrieve, 19 when he did this…

Frank Beard- had a ‘tache

Steve Gorman - not fucking Dave

Ziggy Modeliste 

Just a few, give me more please. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just done a 9hr shift, and was getting in to drum-led tracks, or just ones with excellent drums. 
A selection …

Vinnie Colaiuta on drums

John Bonham next, doesn’t get going until 3:50, but then it’s freight train time. 

Ziggy Modeliste 

Anything Mitch Mitchell-oriented. The drumming on that first Hendrix Experience album is out of this world 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2022 at 00:20, Monkeys Fist said:

A selection …

Vinnie Colaiuta on drums

Ziggy Modeliste 

goes without saying 

• Like 1