What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

David Sylvian currently giving an interview in Radio 6. 

Not his biggest fan, tbh, although some of his later solo ambient stuff is interesting … which is more than can be said about this interview. 

Talking for half an hour and saying absolutely fuck all is some skill. :lol:

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If anyone is a Pavement fan, they’re doing a live session on Radio 6 at 6pm today. 

( for our chums in all the former colonies, that’s 18:00 FY time)

missed this will try to get it on bbc sounds…are they by any chance touring a “classic album” sometime soon? … after the state Evan Dando was in I think I might pause before I take the plunge tbh…

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

missed this will try to get it on bbc sounds…are they by any chance touring a “classic album” sometime soon? … after the state Evan Dando was in I think I might pause before I take the plunge tbh…

Pavement announced a European tour for late 2022, their first in 12 years, and announced a North American leg on November 2, 2021.On May 23rd, 2022, the band played their first show since 2010 for a sold out crowd at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles. 

For the tour, the band were joined by additional keyboardist and backing vocalist Rebecca Cole, a former member of the Minders and Wild Flag. Regarding her presence in the band, Bob Nastanovich noted: "[She] makes us better than ever, allowing us to play so many songs better than ever and also play 10-12 songs we’ve never played before. She makes us more versatile."

Decent by all accounts. 

• Like 1

Currently listening to this as I ride around Forest Hall on my burro, wearing my poncho and sombrero and spitting tobacco juice on stray dogs. 

(The album is produced by Dan Auerbach of Black Keys fame and its fucking mint)

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 09:56, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Anything Mitch Mitchell-oriented. The drumming on that first Hendrix Experience album is out of this world 

By the way, fucking hell !

I suppose it’s easy to get distracted with Hendrix doing his thing, but it makes perfect sense that he’d need a solid rhythm section to anchor his guitar mentals to.