What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

My other half has been tasked with reviewing this for a local scene website. It's eh, certainly something.

I had to endure this about three times today and once yesterday and I'm at the stage of thinking it's deliberately terrible and the blueprint was "something that sounds like Poly Styrene had a massive stroke in the 90's and went on to replace Watty in the Exploited.

Weirdly when I mistyped their band name into google I landed on a review of their live set by none other than The Ginger Quiff. No idea if it's the same bloke or just coincidence but seemed relevant enough to mention here.

3 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

My other half has been tasked with reviewing this for a local scene website. It's eh, certainly something.

I had to endure this about three times today and once yesterday and I'm at the stage of thinking it's deliberately terrible and the blueprint was "something that sounds like Poly Styrene had a massive stroke in the 90's and went on to replace Watty in the Exploited.

Weirdly when I mistyped their band name into google I landed on a review of their live set by none other than The Ginger Quiff. No idea if it's the same bloke or just coincidence but seemed relevant enough to mention here.

Theres absolutely no way Quiff would go to see a band made up of any number of women. Definitely a different person.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Theres absolutely no way Quiff would go to see a band made up of any number of women. Definitely a different person.

I was a bit doubtful, just seemed a good way to shoehorn this shitpost into being relevant.

Weirdly their previous stuff has a lot more merit, fuck knows what this change in direction is about. Im trying to help my better half find some positives and all I have is "hopefully it's parody and we're missing the point".

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of great jazz pianists, watch this :lol:

No word of a lie, named our son after this madman and tried to tie in Edgar Allan Poe with the name. Ironically the lad is completely nonverbal but still capable of outsmarting everyone he knows. I blame Jazz.

• Like 4

odd connection here but @Billy Whitehurst mentioning his wife was french made this song pop in to me mind.

incidently, the lass in the video is perri lister, formerly of hot gossip, ex of billy idol and very much english. also the french lyrics are spoken by brigitte arens, who's actually belgian.

anyway, two things.... was this the best 80s synth song ever? I'd say so!

does the song contain the sexiest accent in a song ever? I'd say probably yes to that too!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

No word of a lie, named our son after this madman and tried to tie in Edgar Allan Poe with the name. Ironically the lad is completely nonverbal but still capable of outsmarting everyone he knows. I blame Jazz.

Peterson Usher Blastro is a cool name tbh. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I can’t remember the name of the annoying as fuck metro radio dj who said ‘I haven’t heard it in ages’ but I hadn’t:

Nicky Brown?

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'd forgotten about that cunt. :lol: Steve Coleman's still around on smooth on a morning but has ditched his metro 'Yooooooohooooooo' chant/phrase. :lol:

Right fucking dodgy bunch, weren’t they? :lol:

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

:lol: I recognise Brown, Robson and Coleman standing next to other on the left but don't recognise the rest but might remember their names? I'd take a guess the one next to Coleman could be Graham Courtney who ended up doing the sports presenting but could be wrong? (Just saw the writing on the bottom left! It ain't Courtney). 

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Peterson Usher Blastro is a cool name tbh. :lol:

Aye not quite. When he was born my missus said "he looks like he needs a wee old man name" so the Oscar Peterson slant (my grandad played in and managed Jazz bands in the 50s and 60s) and my late father's name as a middle name was a winner and resulted in the poor fucker having to live with the initials OAP.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Not sure how I feel about this?

It's an interesting concept but I've tried listening to them and found my hatred of jazz trumps by love of Sabbath.