What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Joy Division- New Dawn Fades

"We'll share a drink and step outside. An angry voice and one who cried. We'll give you everything and more. The strain's too much, can't take much more."

Not sure whether Curtis was actually on about suicide in this song, but either way it's a work of genius. A fantastic bassy intro as well mind.

Joy Division- The Eternal

Apparently about a mentally impaired boy that Curtis lived near as a child whom was never allowed outside to mingle with others. Absolutely a truly brilliant track that you just sit back to and take it all in, so sad and compelling at the same time.

"Cry like a child, though these years make me older. With children, my time is so wastefully spent, burden to keep, though their inner communion. Accept like a curse, an unlucky deal, played by the gate at the foot of the garden. My view stretches out from the fence to the wall, no words could explain, no actions determine. Just watching the trees and the leaves as they fall....."

Apparently about a mentally impaired boy that Curtis lived near as a child whom was never allowed outside to mingle with others. Absolutely a truly brilliant track that you just sit back to and take it all in, so sad and compelling at the same time.

"Cry like a child, though these years make me older. With children, my time is so wastefully spent, burden to keep, though their inner communion. Accept like a curse, an unlucky deal, played by the gate at the foot of the garden. My view stretches out from the fence to the wall, no words could explain, no actions determine. Just watching the trees and the leaves as they fall....."

Christ almighty Jonny, cheer up mate.

Robert Smiths favourite song that. My favourite Joy Division song.

The Smiths- Shoplifters Of The World Unite And Take Over

"I tried living in the real world, Instead of a shell. But I was bored before I even began, I was bored before I even began.... Shoplifters of the world unite and take over."

The Smiths- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

"Good times for a change, see, the luck I've had can make a good man... turn bad."