What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Cradle of Filth - Portrait Of A Dead Countess

One of the instrumentals they do to break up an album a little. This one in particular is a full string orchestra which sounds EXCELLENT.

Which is odd as I don't particularly enjoy classical music.

Later with Jools Holland on BBC2. Lulu singing now (;)) and Sara Tavares later. It's Eurovision-tastic. :icon_lol:

I really need to introduce you to my ex boss......eurovision boy

Wrists that couldn't pick up an empty cardboard box no doubt? :nufc:

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife.

This is really growing on me now and I think it may well be equal to any of their other albums.

I deleted it all except O Valencia and The Crane Wife part 3 on first listen, so I've never been able to give it another chance. I could just tell I would never get into it; unlike the new Newsom, which I am dubious about but will give it a proper go. I just can't be dealing with grossly long narrative songs.

It doesn't have the stand out songs of likes of Sixteen Military Wives, We Both Go Down Together or The Infanta but overall I just think it is a really good album.

Y's is getting excellent reviews from little I've heard I can't see me ever really going for it. I think you've really got to be in the mood for her voice.

Finally been able to "get hold" of Ys and I love the shit out of it. :calmdown: