What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Grant Hart did the best songs on that album 

He did and it's sad that cancer got him a couple of years ago. IMHO Bob Mould didn't find his best song writing until after Husker Du.

It's brilliant that a punk band with an openly gay man and his openly bisexual band mate were as successful as they were in the early to mid 80s.

I saw these guys on Firday night, with covid-19 spreading like wildfire it looks like they could be the last international band I get to see for a while.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sammynb said:

He did and it's sad that cancer got him a couple of years ago. IMHO Bob Mould didn't find his best song writing until after Husker Du.

It's brilliant that a punk band with an openly gay man and his openly bisexual band mate were as successful as they were in the early to mid 80s.

I saw these guys on Firday night, with covid-19 spreading like wildfire it looks like they could be the last international band I get to see for a while.

I loved Copper Blue by Sugar back in the day. Time to dig that out again I reckon 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/60wZ3QNflJp2kbJGAAZJxw?si=XJSHclneTI2vQWORjCxwZw

This isn't embedding for whatever reason but I'm spending my quarantine time making playlists that are "straight fire" as the teenagers who I don't understand would say. 2 hours going from Eddie Hazel's radge cover of 'California Dreamin' through untouchable hip-hop through guitar shredding to some early 70s crooning at the end to calm you all down. Tried to keep some consistency throughout it with regards to songs with grooves but by the third one of these I do, it'll be completely scattershot.

One of the best albums release so far this year - it's like heroin Nick Cave, when he was good, meets Wall of Voodoo (ask your cool uncle kids).

Edited by sammynb

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Picturing you in a pinny doing the dusting to that...yes, I'm that bored :D

That’s fucking ridiculous. Me? Dusting? 

Edited by Alex