What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

This is like a cross between a folk group vocal and some new age trippy synth noodling..with a bit of fuzzbox geetar tacked on at the end...it sounds awful but it sort of works...

Hen Ogledd means "the old north" in Welsh ... which technically means Scotland. Its also referred to in the Welsh national anthem " Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau" ie " The old land of my fathers" Poimting  out to a Welshman thst basically their origin story is from a completely different part of what is now the UK is a quick way to really upset them :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_Ogledd?wprov=sfla1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

:boogie:

Haha I know Kingsley, didn’t expect to see him today. One of my best mates was in a band with him for years called the chapman family.

Really nice bloke

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Here,  @sammynb  Spud from Trainspotting playing your boy Alan McGee in biopic/epic of his life.... see you down the front? :lol:

@PaddockLad The trailer is geo blocked here but I'm more a back seat of the bus these days, so I'll be back there.

And as much good as McGee has done, shoegaze, JMC, Primal Scream - he's fucked up it all up and he's not even dead yet so how the fuck did he get a biopic made about him?!??

It's kind of funny that Spud, the Scottish actor with the huge cock is playing what some may say is Scotland's biggest bellend. 😂

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Bits of sax, weird song structures, a vaguely spoken word style for 70% of it

You've just described what post-punk is there you bellend! I'll second what AH finishes with, it's a great post-punk album.

Talking about good post-punk, Arab Strap are about to release their first new material in a while and it sounds good.

And Kevin Haskins (Bauhaus/Love and Rockets) daughter has a cracking new post-punk band - she drums and sings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Post-Punk is blokes in glasses regurgitating Krautrock basslines because they can’t write melodies. FACT

Possibly but I'd love to see you say that to Hooky's face and what's all the chicks who are in post-punk excuses then?

22 hours ago, sammynb said:

Possibly but I'd love to see you say that to Hooky's face and what's all the chicks who are in post-punk excuses then?

:lol:

What the fuck was that power lesbian playlist all about? 

Derailing this a bit but I'm surprised none of youse have covered this classic in tribute to Bruce, Weird-Al Style. 

"If you miss seventeenth place and think you're not a disgrace....... You're a cabbage. 

If no-one let's you employ your son and you weigh a metric ton..... You're a cabbage. 

If you're round, green and can't organise a team....You're a cabbage.

• Haha 2