What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Why does just about every female in Britain go mad for Rihanna's 'make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world'

It's fucking terrible and she's just shouting.

Roisin Murphy - Hairless Toys. Didn't realise that she had down nowt since 'Overpowered' but it's a good album. Probably ideal for putting on during a Summer night. Still a good year this; The Tallest Man on Earth's album might be his weakest but even his weakest is still very good.

Loving Courtney Barnett, the first two tracks are rollicking good fun. Listened through a couple of times and it's got enough depth to get into more seriously.

TPAB clearly makes 2015 a special year anyway but I think I've got about 10 albums already that am listening to regularly.

Loving Courtney Barnett, the first two tracks are rollicking good fun. Listened through a couple of times and it's got enough depth to get into more seriously.

TPAB clearly makes 2015 a special year anyway but I think I've got about 10 albums already that am listening to regularly.

I've been listening to, just about, every new release each week so I've got a few more than that to return to. A lot of mediocre music out there, dear me. The stuff I'll keep in rotation for a while will probably be:

Sleater-Kinney: No Cities to Love

Jazmine Sullivan: Reality Show

Universal Togetherness Band: S/T (well recommended if you like your funk btw)

Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo and Youth

Natalie Prass - S/T

Joey Badass - Badass

Jessica Pratt - On Your Own Love Again

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Black Rivers - S/T

BADBADNOTGOOD and Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell

Kendrick - TPAB

Courtney Barnett - SISATASIJT

Young Guv - Ripe 4 Luv

Speedy Ortiz - Foil Deer

The Tallest Man on Earth - Dark Bird is Home

Coupled with the stuff I'll keep in my library for one-offs, playlists, certain weather (it's important), I've probably got close to 50 albums I've liked from this year. Will delete some of them that haven't stuck with me at the end of the year but it's the first year I've kept up with new music properly since about 2011, instead of just hearing the most heavily featured stuff.

Also, Snoop Dogg's new album is class :lol:

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

• 3 weeks later...

In descending order of how much I'm enjoying them

Jlin

Hiatus Kaiyote

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Jamie XX

Hot Chip

Kamasi Washington

Colin Stetson

Django Django

Love the Unknown Mortal Orchestra album. Reminds me of of Montreal, before all quality control slipped away from them. Jamie XX's is good too but I still need a few more listens to it. Couldn't get away with Hot Chip's album, despite really liking the first track. Might revisit it. Django Django's was solid too, especially since I wasn't keen on the debut so I'll have revisit it.

Here's my list of stuff that I missed the first time or need to revisit:

Thee Oh Sees - Mutilator Defeated
Jim O’Rourke - Simple Songs
Torres - Sprinter
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don’t Like Shit, I Don’t Go Outside - Solace EP
Of Montreal - Snare Lustrous Doomings
Nao - February 15 EP
Run the Jewels - Record Store Day
Young Thug - Barter 6
ASAP Rocky - At Long Last ASAP
Donnie Trumpet - Surf
Ash - KABLAMMO
Frankie and The Witch Fingers -S/T
Dr Cosmo’s Tape Lab - Beyond The Silver Sea
Cristian Bergagna - At the End of the Alley
Gareth Coker - Ori and the Blind Forest
Currensy - Pilot Talk 3
Mew +/-
Fucking hard work keeping up with this shit every week. i'll add Hiatus Kiayote too since I don't think I've heard it.
Edited by Ayatollah Hermione