What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Fucking love Liquid Swords. It's LIQUID HIP-HOP (Lynn).

Listening to The Weeknd's new one and he's went fully into generic pop mode. Considering how influential his mixtapes have been, I'm glad he's getting some recognition over it but his two proper albums are boring retreads of that style that are worse for the better production values.

Enjoying the new Destroyer album. I'd have to go back and re-familiarise myself with Destroyer's Rubies and Kaputt but it's the most I've immediately enjoyed a Destroyer album. Listened to the new Foals album and that all seems to blend into one big song but I'll need to actually sit and commit my attention to it.

Foals are shit. Kaputt is the best album of the decade. Or one of them.

New one is v good. Times Square is lovely.

Midnight Meets The Rain is gorgeous as well. Depression Cherry gets better with every listen; I'm getting strong Twin Peaks/Julee Cruise vibes from the second half of the album, definitely so I'm just putting it on repeat all day.

Some of the albums that completely changed my musical outlook as a fresh-faced 15 year old are 10 years old now ffs. Took me from a heavy rock loving dweeb to the eclectic hero you see before you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc65hFCls8E

2004 - 2008 was a beautiful time for music as a teenager with a broadband connection. Illegal downloads in those days were amazing; there'd be entire forums and blogs devoted to specific genres that you could just load up every day and get anything you wanted.

Some of the albums that completely changed my musical outlook as a fresh-faced 15 year old are 10 years old now ffs. Took me from a heavy rock loving dweeb to the eclectic hero you see before you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc65hFCls8E

2004 - 2008 was a beautiful time for music as a teenager with a broadband connection. Illegal downloads in those days were amazing; there'd be entire forums and blogs devoted to specific genres that you could just load up every day and get anything you wanted.

The Mars Volta are one of the shittest bands to ever hold instruments.

The Mars Volta are one of the shittest bands to ever hold instruments.

You are a ray of sunshine aren't you. First album was class, haven't rated anything much since.

Still listening to Fat White Family.

They were shite, live, aye. First two albums are amazing though. De-Loused is that perfect middle ground between incredible playing, strongly put together songs, amazing production and a strong concept with some really tight mixing. Frances the Mute was a bit more sprawling, dabbled in jazz a little bit more, widened the instrumentation but is still an incredible achievement, if flawed compared to the first. Then, after Amputechture, it all went to shit though Bedlam in Goliath was a solid little De-Loused lite type album. their worst tendency was their lack of discipline and self-control and that all came out when they were playing live.