What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...

It’s grown on me a bit but you can’t expect them to be churning our class albums when they’re approaching 50 :lol: 

Gonna see them with Weezer in Dublin which will be mint tbh.

Thank god the new record is short though.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

It’s grown on me a bit but you can’t expect them to be churning our class albums when they’re approaching 50 :lol: 

Gonna see them with Weezer in Dublin which will be mint tbh.

Thank god the new record is short though.

I don’t expect them to make the same album over and over, but If you are going to evolve as a band then at least keep it original. This is just middle of the road, hipster American shite. 

19 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t expect them to make the same album over and over, but If you are going to evolve as a band then at least keep it original. This is just middle of the road, hipster American shite. 

Fair one :lol: 

There’s probably a couple of memorable songs on there in my opinion but other wise file under Uno/Dos/Tre/Revolution Radio.

It reminds me more of their Foxboro Hot Tubs stuff or even The Network rather than green day. 

Its a similar project to BJAs work in The Longshot album, which is mainly made up of references & influences, both lyrical & musical.

Fair to say the longshot album came off a lot better mind.

Id probably say my favourite Green Day record is Insomniac & nothing they’ve done before or since really gets close to that record.

Well they’re on Dookie & Warning respectively however I think sometimes a greatest hits is a good place to start :lol: 

The first one they released was “International Superhits”, the last one was “Gods Favourite band” 

The first is pre American idiot. The latter is post American idiot.

All this GD talk got me thinking about the only vinyl I've got by them. Bought  in 1993ish, about a year before they released Dookie via mail order from Alan's Records of Wigan 

Found the first pressing details on discogs..got the magnifying glass out and it's the one Ive got...open to offers :)

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3784761?ev=rb

IMG_20200210_195909~2.jpg