What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

Roxy Music, known to pretentious know it all bar room preaching tossers like myself as, along with Bowie, the absolute pinnacle of 70s Glam Rock...truth be told, I basically only knew their hits. Heard this for the first time yesterday...fuckin hell...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s a quote from Bob Harris btw, after Roxy Music played their debut on The Old Grey Whistle Test. 

What a cunt :lol:

I didn’t know that :lol:

Thought you were being either clever or it wasn’t your cup of tea...or maybe you were just being a bit of a cunt :D

The six minute album version I heard yesterday was like 3 songs in 1.... this Peel version is a fuckin madman...

• Haha 1

“Eight minutes,” Springsteen said. “That song is almost eight minutes long. And that's how long it took George Floyd to die with a Minneapolis officer's knee buried into his neck. That's a long time. That's how long he begged for help and said he couldn't breathe. The arresting officer's response was nothing but silence and weight. Then he had no pulse and still it went on.”

American Skin (41 Shots)’ was written about the 1999 shooting death of Amadou Diallo, a 23-year-old unarmed immigrant from Guinea, by four New York City plain-clothes police officers. Four officers were at the scene of the fatal Floyd arrest in Minneapolis on May 25. 

On 6/7/2020 at 18:05, PaddockLad said:

That's a belter Sammy hope you're well mate :good:

All :good: @PaddockLad, could do with some f/t work but plague free for us immune suppressed so far. You okay? See they are saying that vitamin K is important to fight/avoid it.

Although I'm not in one (Bad Mood), I'm enjoying these guys from Perth (middle of nowhere not Jockland) - Cold Meat.

There is this great UK label called Claypipe Music that does folk/electronic releases and they have just reissued this by Jon Brooks, no not the Canadian one, from 2012.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

Saw cokey Oakey a few time back in the day. I really liked his JDJ mix too. His Goa Mix for Radio 1’s Essential Mix was class and pretty groundbreaking at the time with fusion of soundtracks etc and how that would’ve been technically more difficult then. I got a CD copy from RPM in town. It was slightly odd in that it went 30 mins - break - 60 mins - break - 30 mins because R1 used to have the news on the half hour. 

Interestingly