What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Mind, ‘Rockit’ sends the dogs berserk. 

I struggle with the whole Head Hunters/80s fusion stuff and the same with Wayne Shorter and his fusion thing, Weather Report but (just about) everything else both of them have done, together and solo is all I would ever need for music if I had to choose.

And their combined work with Miles Davis "2nd greatest quartet" is some of the best music, of any genre, the world will ever hear.

I read the other day Wayne has had to retire from playing live due to health reasons, which is just depressing and I doubt I'll ever get to see Herbie play again due to the pandemic, fucking world!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I like to drive around late-night Paris in 1960, smoking tabs, in an open top MG with a guitar case strapped on the boot, as I listen to this 

Whilst rattling Charlotte Rampling, probably. 

:lol:

60s Charlotte, not current I hope? :protest:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

That's  my sort of noise.

When Shields was working with Primal Scream they produced some great stuff 

Same with Weatherill, tbh I think Bobby's best work was with JAMC and whenever someone else has touched (not in a makem sort of way) his work it has become much better than what he creates by himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Same with Weatherill, tbh I think Bobby's best work was with JAMC and whenever someone else has touched (not in a makem sort of way) his work it has become much better than what he creates by himself.

I love the Gillespie but he is more of a curator than a creator, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

They still absolutely kick it live

On 28/05/2021 at 13:09, spongebob toonpants said:

I love the Gillespie but he is more of a curator than a creator, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

They still absolutely kick it live

Saw them touring Screamadelica in 2012(?) and they were quality, like. Never smelled a more concentrated stench of green in my life either.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Saw them touring Screamadelica in 2012(?) and they were quality, like. Never smelled a more concentrated stench of green in my life either.

I saw the first night of that tour at Olympia. Well over the top with full Gospel choir and brass section. Moving on up was epic

They did a 45 minute set of greatest hits as the warm up band first.

Saw them later in the tour in Brighton and it was even better  they had really worked out how to play the album live

Edited by spongebob toonpants

Haven't seen this in years but was reading about it recently so thought I should have a watch again. Brilliant film/band at this stage in their career, then it all went to shit with Little Creatures, True Stories was interesting, especially if you saw the film and then Naked their last album was actually decent but no one gave a fuck about them by then.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 12:50, sammynb said:

This has just been reissued by Blue Note and it's awesome.

Listened to this several times since you posted it, it’s really rather good. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Listened to this several times since you posted it, it’s really rather good. 👍

Gaz that is the understatement of the day, next you will be telling us all Steve Bruce is fat and useless!!!

This was also reissued as part of the Tone Poet series and is also "rather good"! :razz:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...