• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Happy Face

• Tooj

• Tom

• Meenzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christ, whenever she hears it now, it must send her west. PTSD in the bread aisle in Tesco.

I thought that was quite a big number as well when I noticed it on the third viewing.

I once saw Mark Knopfler support Dylan and it was hands down the worst live show I’ve ever seen. It was already deathly boring when he introduced “the best piccolo player in the UK” and after that, it

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Alex said:

Been listening to loads of Boards of Canada lately. I sort of gave them a wide berth for a bit because it can spoil stuff if you listen to it too much but, fuck me, they are good 

"In A Beautiful Place..." always comes into my rotation at this time of year since it's the perfect length for the bus to work and is quite fitting when you're sitting looking at pitch blackness, depressed about this endless grind I've found myself in.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, just added it. 

Any others of theirs you’d particularly recommend? 

All their albums are good but Tomorrow’s Harvest is possibly their weakest. Still good though. So get Geogaddi and The Campfire Headphase (great name too). There’s a few eps and bootleg compilations but most of the stuff appears on the albums somewhere or other. There’s also Twoism which is basically their debut but a lot of it ended up on Music has the right... CD copies used to go for £100s but it was eventually reissued 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just whacked Geogaddi on whilst I’m cooking tonight’s Feast of Fist. 

:good:

Have you heard any of Mixmaster Morris’s stuff? Done a few really good ambient / ambient techno albums and eps. Releases stuff as Irresistible Force. Also did some class stuff with Pete Namlook (Dreamfish). Worth a follow on mixcloud for his DJ sets too. Used to play ambient/techno sets in the 90s but nowadays plays a proper eclectic mix of chilled stuff. Everything from Thundercat to Steely Dan to some weird jazz shit. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Have you heard any of Mixmaster Morris’s stuff? Done a few really good ambient / ambient techno albums and eps. Releases stuff as Irresistible Force. Also did some class stuff with Pete Namlook (Dreamfish). Worth a follow on mixcloud for his DJ sets too. Used to play ambient/techno sets in the 90s but nowadays plays a proper eclectic mix of chilled stuff. Everything from Thundercat to Steely Dan to some weird jazz shit. 

I’ll definitely look him up- really liked Geogaddi, it felt quite different to the two of theirs I had previously, and seemed to me to have quite a bit of Eastern influence, which is never a bad thing. 

• Like 1

@Alex.... (or anybody else who or may not be remotely interested!)

been on a bit of a weirdo creep kind of mission to discover more about the lovely rachel this morning and it turns out i'm not the only one who lusts after miss fury!

she sang with howard devoto (original lead singer with the buzzcocks) before hooking up with the floyd boys for the d.s.o.t. tour where she was rumoured to have been boned by gilmour, the lucky twat. and after that she disappeared, briefly (and only possibly) reappearing with durga mcbroom in a blue pearl video.

there's claims she now lives in london, is an animal rights activist and survives on a vegan diet. but nobody knows for sure.

it's an even bigger mystery  than who the crazy girl dancer was in the men without hats safety dance video!

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2