What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

A posthumous release which was completed just before he died. All the proceeds go to his young daughter so I bought an album but I’m listening on Spotify.

Its a very weird listen in the context. Hard to get my head around.

EA618D00-5AFB-4C52-AE64-BF18F137AF32.jpeg

Yeh he was mint live & a great fella so it’s a great shame. 

His grave reads “a place to call my home”. Which is a song from his first record.

That Foreman Grill song btw :lol: 

On 25/11/2021 at 19:49, sammynb said:

Anyone remember/into the Smithereens? The Bo Radleys? That Rickenbacker Jonny Marr guitar sound from the Smiths? Which let's be honest was all just a reinvention of the Byrds' guitar sound.

If any or all of the above floated your boat then check out young US band called Chime School.

Nice 

23 minutes ago, strawb said:

He had some proper weird but fun songs, his craic was class as well as far as I can remember 

Aye he was as funny as fuck tbh. 

We once hijacked the AUX lead in brudenell and played exclusively beastie boys songs. He knew ALL the raps :lol: 

a few years ago travelling back from italy i ended up stopping in colmar for the night and randomly ended up in murphys irish bar.

these 3 lads rocked up and played for an hour or so, had the place on its feet and quite probably one of the best unplanned and random nights out i'd had in many a long year!

a footnote..... the violinists chick was an american bird, very minxy but sadly not in the video. he's far more talented than nigel kennedy and probably not an aston villa supporter either!

• Like 2

On 20/05/2021 at 07:41, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Booked in for Rosalie Cunningham at Trillians in September, wahey. Wouldn’t mind kissing her between the cheeks either, if you know what I mean

Listening to her 2019 eponymous album just now. 
It’s pretty excellent. 

Did you get to the gig above or not? 

I did, aye, they were quality live. Could have done with an obscure cover of a Vanilla Fudge tune or something to help lengthen the run time a bit but all musicians were doing some fairly complex playing and hitting all the time changes and such on the button. Tight as a jockeys coffin.

Got to have a bit crack with her as well. In my head I was very smooth but Trillians sells double rum and cokes for £4.30 so I was probably seconds away from getting knocked out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Listening to her 2019 eponymous album just now. 
It’s pretty excellent. 

Did you get to the gig above or not? 

How come whenever we've popped into trillians it's always been middle aged blokes just shouting into a mic accompanied by deafening guitars? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I did, aye, they were quality live. Could have done with an obscure cover of a Vanilla Fudge tune or something to help lengthen the run time a bit but all musicians were doing some fairly complex playing and hitting all the time changes and such on the button. Tight as a jockeys coffin.

Got to have a bit crack with her as well. In my head I was very smooth but Trillians sells double rum and cokes for £4.30 so I was probably seconds away from getting knocked out.

So, as talented as she is, the real question is ; 

Since you got within slapping range, are we talking British Standard Handful or is she more likely one of Chez Given’s test subjects